Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Forum FAQs

edited February 25, 2020 5:24PM in Announcements 🎙
  1. Help! It looks like everyone can see my full name.
  2. How do I edit or delete something I posted here?
  3. Someone answered my question. How do I mark it as correct? How do I change my Name (screen name)?
  4. How do I change my password?
  5. How do I add a signature?
  6. How do I turn off email notifications?
  7. What information should I provide when asking a question?
  8. Tags tags tags.
  9. How can I jump to the last message in a long thread?
  10. How do I attach a screenshot?
  11. How do I update my zones in Final Surge (definitely asked frequently in the current dashboard!)
  12. Something about EN lingo (today I had to try to find RPP)
  13. What’s the best/quickest way to clear out my forum drafts? Do they automatically clear out after I post my content?
  14. Where are the archived Race Reports?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#1 Help! It looks like everyone can see my full name.

Yes, we use real names inside Endurance Nation. Real people, real names.

#2 How do I edit or delete something I posted here?

Everyone can edit their own posts. Go to the topic you created and click on the "gear" icon to the right of the title. You can then edit and repost it.

#3 Someone answered my question. How do I mark it as correct? How do I change my Name (screen name)?

If you posted with a "question" then below each answer you'll have a chance to "Approve" the answer you like the most. You can do this for multiple answers if you think they both hold merit.

#4 How do I change my password?

Your forum password is part of your existing EN membership. So when you login to the Members Site, you can click over to the forums no issues. Your login to the forum here is persistent so you should be ok unless you log out of the Members site.

#5 How do I add a signature?

You click on your name at the top of the Forums. Then click on the down arrow next to the red person icon next to your official photo (right third of the page). Click edit profile. On the next page, in the right sidebar, you can click Signature Settings and edit away.

#6 How do I turn off email notifications?

You click on your name at the top of the Forums. Then click on the down arrow next to the red person icon next to your official photo (right third of the page). Click edit profile. On the next page, in the right sidebar, you can click Notification Preferences and use the checkboxes to narrow down your preferences.

#7 What information should I provide when asking a question?

If you have personal experience, have at it. If you have some information from the site (Coach or other Member), please provide a link to what you are referencing. The more detailed you can be, the better.

#8 What are tags and why do I need to add them to my threads (at the bottom of each new one)?

Tags are a mechanism folks can use to find your topic in addition to a good title to your original post. A post on powermeters could have tags such as the brand, the bike it's installed on and your specific issue. For example: Powertap, Felt B5, battery issues As you type, certain tags will be suggested. If you have a new tag that won't "take" just type it in, then click outside of the tag box and it should save.

#9 How can I jump to the last message in a long thread?

Just click on the last number to get to the final page!

#10 How do I attach a screenshot?

Find your place inside the post where you want to add your picture and leave your cursor there. Then scroll down and click the picture icon at the bottom of the post. Find your picture on your computer and choose it. The picture will insert and autosize (you can't adjust it). Alternatively you can drag and drop it into your post.

#11 How do I update my zones in Final Surge (definitely asked frequently in the current dashboard!)

All answers about EN How To items are in the EN Help Site online here: http://www.endurancenation.us/help/

You can find the answer about updating the zones in your currently installed plan here: Final Surge: How to Update Your Integrated Training Zones

#12 Something about EN lingo (today I had to try to find RPP)

There is a ton of EN lingo. Your best bet is to ask someone in our 24/7 GroupMe Chat about it. You can also see the Full like on the bottom of the Quick Start Page here.

#13 What’s the best/quickest way to clear out my forum drafts? Do they automatically clear out after I post my content?

Most drafts do clear out...they are saved automatically as you post. In general the item you were most recently working on is at the top. And there's no cost to having them; so leave them where they lie unless you are super type A and you want to click the X to the right of each title under "My Drafts" and delete them.

#14 Archived Race Reports are here: http://members.endurancenation.us/OldForums/tabid/57/aff/34/Default.aspx

Bonus Item: Don't forget to read the Forum Etiquette post too! 🤣

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.