Age Group, Height and Weight: M40-44 6'2" 165lbs

140.6 Best Time in Last Five Years: 09:52:17 Wisconsin 2015

70.3 Best Time in Last Five Years: 4:28:18 Steelhead 2016

Oly Best Time in Last Five Years: 1:59:59 Chicago 201

26.2 Best Time in Last Five Years: None

13.1 Best Time in Last Five Years: 1:25:10 2014

Your Strongest Discipline: * Run

Your Weakest Discipline: * Bike

Your Weakest Discipline: Tell Us More... * I don't am pretty solid against all disciplines but statistically cycling is where I have the biggest opportunity relative to my AG performance. Part of this may be due to a relatively conservative execution that enables my string run but I do think cycling is where my biggest upside is.

Your Injury / Difficulty History * N/A

Top Three Lessons Learned in your triathlon career. *

1) the value of consistency and experience

2) the mental aspect of race planning, execution and adapting to changes/surprises

3) the value of cross training and listening to your body to remain healthy.

Your Top Three Races / Events this Season (with dates):
  • PR 70.3 March
  • Al's Colorado camp (Early June)
  • Racine 70.3 July 
  • 70.3 Worlds (September)
Tagged:

Comments

• @Jeremy Behler - Great to talk yesterday. Good to catch up and just to hear where you are at right now. My biggest takeaway was the Focus on outliersTo improve your performance. At the end of the day, you could obviously just train "normally" and still have a great year. After all, you already qualified for world's which is just a bucket race.

But I think in the overall big picture of your evolution there still some things where you can see significant improvement. This is just my first stab at this conversation, and I don't expect to have all the answers. I am assuming there will be some back-and-forth that will allow us, with your training data, to get to a better understanding of what will work.

Current Issues:
    1. Not able to hit target watts on race day.
    2. Conservative strategy potentially limiting race performance.
    3. Uncertain of "run limits" where you need to back off to save race.
    4. Unable to capture "workload" of your swim and its effects on your race. 

#1 Can’t hit numbers on race day vs race rehearsal.

You defined this as 10w off of your Ironman® Performance and about 15w off of your HIM performance.

First the low hanging fruit is to pinky promise that you will always calibrate before your Race rehearsals and actual races.

Other than that, there could be several reasons why this is an issue.

First is race effort / swim cost as I discuss below.

Second is that it could be a function of your taper. Some athletes actually do better with less of a taper, making race day very similar to what you experience and an average training week. Strangely enough, these athletes can do better with a bit more training load in their system. So that is something we should look at on your PMC.

Third is potentially swimming too hard. Since you have best bike split, you can do the math on the delta between your low and high watts in terms of ride time. I would compare that to yourDelta in sometime from racing toSteady state. In other words, if we can have you dial back your effort and swim a 32 instead of a 29:30, but we gain 8 to 10 minutes on the bike it's a no-brainer.

Anything else you can think of?

#2 Conservative strategy potentially limiting race performance.

We discussed this briefly on the call. This is definitely tied in with number one above, Or rather I would explicitly like the focus on the bike. I am not a fan of aggressive running, and to be honest your current run style is pretty damn aggressive on its own.  

You described your current strategy as:  Powermeter as leash, RPE as gauge.

Our goal here should be to find areas within a race where you can be more aggressive that also bring with them the lowest potential downside. Order put it another way, "Most acceptable form of aggressiveness."

Most of these we should probably put into play in a race rehearsal, but here's what it comes to mind:
    • Aggressive early Bike Start to "get watts set" -- ignore the HR but rather recalibrate your legs to the desired watts. 
    • Ability to maintain watts on all terrain -- Many athletes Are unable to sustain wattage when the terrain goes down. I am not sure if you've ever run out of gears, but switching to a cassette with an 11 in the back will usually alleviate that. 
    • An interval based pacing approach -- For example working 15 minutes hard with five minutes at lighter watts to facilitate recovery.
    • What else?
    #3 Uncertain of "run limits" where you need to back off to save race.

We didn't talk about this, but I think it's part of the equation. Do you have an upper-level t
    Do you have an upper limit to your heart rate beyond which you are not comfortable running? Can you please share with me the following:
    • Your long run / steady state HR
    • Your usual IM run HR
    • Your usual HIM run HR
    My thought here is that one way to determine if you're going hard enough is just how soon you hit the upper limit on the run as well as how long you're able to stay there. Assuming you have biked to your limits, you should hit that high-end of your run fairly quickly.

#4 Unable to capture "workload" of your swim and its effects on your race.

Without a good sense of the true cost of your swim, it's going to be hard to decide on the best bike effort. In other words your effort in an ocean swim versus a downstream swim will be very different, and Will yield different potential bike splits (IMPR vs IMCHOO). The jury is out on how to do this, and honestly you're still a good swimmer. But I'm not talking explicitly about the swim here.I'm trying to focus onThe "bike opportunity" that you have as a result of the swim. We'll need to think this through.

Training Suggestions

Swim - no edits at this time. 

Bike - Per our conversation, I think you can really reprioritize how you ride. I would suggestPutting the majority of your efforts into 2 1/2 to 3 hour ABP sessions versus long steady state. In other words, what is the worst thing that could happen if you show up at Al's camp and your longest ride has been three hours? I think it still survive.But I'm not suggesting that, it's just to make a point. 

Template Week with Three Rides:

• Wednesday FTP or VO2 ride about 60 to 75 minutes -- No more of six weeks consecutively of either. I will be able to see more about where the focus should be when I get my hands on your Training Peaks account.
    • Saturday Roadie Ride 50 miles / 2.5 hours -- Classic get out, get your work on. You goal is to suffer here for about 50 miles.
    • Sunday:
    • Weeks 1-3, 2 to 3 hours of ABP trainer, solo or Zwift ride. Nothing insane, just backing up Saturday.
    • Week 4, Endurance Day. Steady ride, no flash, for 4 to 5 hours. If it doesn't work here, let's talk. Would be nice to find a way to get in this time...i'd be willing to give up the Sat ride for this, and have Sunday off to make family happy for sure. 

Run - Just not worried about it. Your run could stay the same and you would be competitive, so I say "keep it going" vs "trying to hack this". 

Please use the red chat button on the main website to send me your training peaks information, and I will check it out.Looking forward to it!

• @JeremyBehler - thanks for the TP.com info. I was looking around at your race performance / training performance disconnect for the bike. Here's what I found. 

+ IM PR 2017 you went NP 201 at 86 rpm and 145 HR with a temp of 75.
    + 70.3 in 2016 you went NP of 204W at 89 rpm and 141 HR with a temp of 72 (August).

For IMPR, the body of your race was done at 196 NP on the flats, but your “best” 30’ was your first when you really got after it. This is reflected in your heart rate never really dropping. Note that your early “higher” watts were at 88-90 rpms, your steady was done at 86 rpm, and the “easy” towards the end was 83 rpm. The HR was 145.

The bike gave you a run heart rate avg 155, with the start at 150 and building up from there. Overall, pretty well executed but no significant efforts. Just solid building pressure. 

So you already like to “get after it” early on the bike as I can see. But in both cases your IF for these rides was like .7....no where near what we want. 

I went back to find some training rides for both races: 

+ Indoor 2/26 ride was NP 231 at 80rpms for .8 IF…
    + Outdoor 7/9 ride was NP 232 at 80 rpms for .8 (no HR for either). 

This makes me believe that your fast gear is going to be closer to 80 rpms vs the higher cadence you seem to display on race day. 

Please take the notes from up above and these notes and let me know what you think!

~ Coach P

• @JeremyBehler

When you have time I'd appreciate some feedback Elite*EN via this survey. This is a free 3-month pilot before we roll it out to select parts of the Team (Year 3+ folks) as a paid service. Thanks!

~ Coach P
  • @JeremyBehler - thanks for the TP.com info. I was looking around at your race performance / training performance disconnect for the bike. Here's what I found. 

+ IM PR 2017 you went NP 201 at 86 rpm and 145 HR with a temp of 75.
    + 70.3 in 2016 you went NP of 204W at 89 rpm and 141 HR with a temp of 72 (August).

For IMPR, the body of your race was done at 196 NP on the flats, but your “best” 30’ was your first when you really got after it. This is reflected in your heart rate never really dropping. Note that your early “higher” watts were at 88-90 rpms, your steady was done at 86 rpm, and the “easy” towards the end was 83 rpm. The HR was 145.

The bike gave you a run heart rate avg 155, with the start at 150 and building up from there. Overall, pretty well executed but no significant efforts. Just solid building pressure. 

So you already like to “get after it” early on the bike as I can see. But in both cases your IF for these rides was like .7....no where near what we want. 

I went back to find some training rides for both races: 

+ Indoor 2/26 ride was NP 231 at 80rpms for .8 IF…
    + Outdoor 7/9 ride was NP 232 at 80 rpms for .8 (no HR for either). 

This makes me believe that your fast gear is going to be closer to 80 rpms vs the higher cadence you seem to display on race day. 

Please take the notes from up above and these notes and let me know what you think!

~ Coach P

Thanks P.  I've been on a slight hiatus as I pulled my calf (I think).  Took a full week off from running and tried again Friday but couldn't run a step.  I can bike and walk with no problem.  Seeing a DR tomorrow.

The RPM insight is interesting.   I was a bonehead at both races and I know the watts are too low as I didn't adjust the crank length on my P1s in Steelhead and in PR I didn't calibrate them after a long winter in my basement.   As such...I think the true NP was in the upper 220s for both.   That said, I think the insight is still appropriate as those were both solid bikes.  One more interesting datapoint is Racine 70.3 last year...I had a pretty poor race.   The swim was cancelled and bike shortened.......I tried to go out harder by focusing on maintaining a higher cadence and I learned that was a bad idea.  Had a not great bike but a pretty poor run to follow.

What is also interesting is that my HR out of the swim never feels that bad on the bike.  I focusing on getting it down because "that's what I'm supposed to do".   Perhaps I could sustain that HR longer assuming a good RPE and then dial down only at the end as I prep for the run.

Sounds like BR was great for all involved.    How did you like your eTap?

• @JeremyBehler - thanks for the info...I don't check in the Elite forum that often, so thanks for your patience. 

1) Keep me posted on the calf. That's an old man injury, and is one of the more annoying ones. The harder you ride, the more you need to stretch that shit out and do a run warm up of some kind to get it loose. But let me know what the official word is!

2) Yeah, I think at your level of performance, cadence matters. You know your "happy place" and so part of your race plan is to get into that place ASAP. Again, you seem to be okay "running hot" with your HR all day, but before you try it in a race I'd do a few race simulations to see what happens at miles 1, 2, 3, 4 of a run where you swam and biked as planned from an HR perspective. 

The other long term consideration is nutrition...sometimes a high HR can inhibit digestion, etc. Likely not an issue for the Half, but could be an issue for an IM if you insist on pushing. 

3) eTap is pretty good. 8 out of 10 where 10 is DI2. Sometimes it won't shift easier in the big ring, and I have to unclip and tap it. I am going to get it looked at...but it could very well be user error like most of my tech problems in life. :D   It's my first e-shift on a road bike and I friggin love it. 

See you tomorrow AM!

~ Coach P
  • @Jeremy Behler restarting this for 2019 to 2020 Push.

• Current Stats as of July 2019:

-Swim (cumulative 3k yards this year) : Not worried about this as it comes back quickly and the delta between my best and worst training is about 90 seconds in an IM.

-Bike : No idea...I've ridden sporadically this year but if I were to estimate I'd peg my FTP around 225-230 down from 300 last October.

-Run : Solid. VDOT around 56 still....ran BQ marathon two weeks ago.

Main goal is to start ramping up while 1) Not getting injured and 2)having fun...... ultimately leading to KQ level fitness for IMSG in May 2020.

Constraints/considerations:

Busy work schedule is moderately predictable. Usually doesn't impact workouts.

I have my kids on Wed/Thursday nights and every other weekend (Fri PM to Mon AM). On off weekends can train like crazy, but with the kids the ability to do long weekend workouts is difficult and becomes near impossible during the winter with basketball season.

Winter in WI is a constraint for biking. Likely will plan on 1-2 warm weather trips to get heavy training blocks in during IM build.

• Oh...and I forgot...Boston is 2 weeks (actually 13 days) from IMSG and I'd like to finish (note I didn't say race). Could use as last long training run and then run/walk the last 6 miles or whatever is appropriate.

• @Jeremy Behler

Thanks for the Details...So your info on Training Peaks hasn't changed at all, right?

The basic flow I see here is that we have overlapping builds of BOS and IMSG, with the need to get some good bike work done to be ready for the dance. And on a limited schedule. GAME ON.

With 8.5 to BOS and 9 to IMSG, time is on our side.

Here are my basic thoughts for you, please get me some feedback, or set up a call so we can discuss.

Traditional FLOW:

• On 10/28/2019 Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 2/2/2020
    • On 2/3/2020  Load the    EN*Full to end on 5/3/2020
    • On 5/4/2020  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 5/31/2020

Prior to Traditional Build Up

We have from 07/15/2019 to 10/28/2019, that's 14 weeks. So we plan on a fall half marathon for sure to stay fit, but we do it on minimalist running.

I see a bike focus period here while the weather cooperates (and we can work in some cycling events) to really get a good aerobic baseline in place before we start punishing you in the OutSeason® with intervals.

Homework:

Talking Points

• Overall health
    • Goal setting
    • winter trip planning
    • ROI / highest impact training

Set up that call with me https://calendly.com/pmccrann/30min

Thanks!

~ Patrick

• Training Peaks data is correct, but FTP is still set at my previous peak.

I'm already signed up for a 50 mile trail relay (4 people) so I'll use that for my fall half.

Zwift is set up....I need up update FTP there as well.

Looking into century rides....may do a self-supported one on the day before IMCHATT since I'll be there spectating.

• JB, I need your TP.com password...I have username of jbehler but the password I have is bad..please shoot it over.

Yes to the relay that's perfect.

Let's update the FTP on both sites...so we are on track. Set the date for the chance to be like 1/1/19 so we can easily discern between the different TSS / CTL numbers we are seeing etc.

I'll be in CHOO day before...maybe we can make it a long ride date...

~ Coach P

• edited July 21, 2019 10:17PM

TP pword sent via email.

I just updated FTP back to Jan 1

• @Jeremy Behler Got it! Thanks for making this happen...looking forward to our call!

• @Jeremy Behler Here are the notes from our call the other day...Let me know what you think!

Goals for St George are to KQ

• Raced LP at about 300W. 225 race NP (.75). 

Marathon Recovery: 

• Everything is ok, feeling healthy.

Swim: 

• Minimal swimming right now
    • Upper body strength early, transition to swimming later in year. 

Bike:

• FTP at 75% of peak, needs to build up.
    • Volume also relatively low. 
    • Some form of baseline consistency required

Run :

• Pretty darn good right now (recent BQ)
    • Run durability a good play for overall resiliency over IM build
    • Opportunity for Fall Half Marathon
    • Will run Boston, but for fun.

Short Term Strategy:

• Plan for Zwift, but if life allows, get outside. 
    • Integrate commute to work (40 to 50 miles)
    • Upper body strength (pull up bar, push up, etc.)

Tentative Training Week:

Please check this out and let me know what you think. Part of me feels that just 1 good session a day will be enough for you...and I would be okay with that if so. For right now I want to see what is possible. If we need more minimalist, that's okay too. 

• Mon - Swim, RDP
    • Tues - Zwift Race
    • Wed - Run Intervals
    • Thu - Commute, RDP short
    • Fri - Swim + Strength
    • Sat - Longer Ride Day + RDP
    • Sun - ABP session (Cruise / Crush), optional RDP

Proposed Phases:

• Bike Muscular Endurance / Strategic volume + RDP + strength
    • OutSeason FTP + VO2 on bike, RDP with some speed, swim reintegration
    • Traditional build to IM with Boston integration.

Homework

• JB: Look up local ride options, ideally weekend on Sat or Sun AM
    • JB: Identify local epic long ride / event options (1 or 2) that could be placed in the Fall
    •  PM: Target key "hit out" workout by training phase to make each week count.

Other / Travel

• Plan a recon trip to St George
    • Jan/Feb 3 day volume event ( Florida / Texas / AZ / etc )

• @Jeremy Behler Just checking in on you...

• I'm here. And alive. And training....sporadically. Biking is inching back...did 5 hours at 197NP and then an hour at 210 so it's inching up but I still have a lot of room to go. I'd like to get back to ~230 watt 5 hour power where I've been for past races.

Just scheduled call with you next week and would like to discuss more specific training (particularly for bike and run) over coming weeks before my trip to sherpa/spectate IMCHOO where I hope to hang on your wheel for a training ride Saturday for at least 20 minutes. You'll be 2 weeks out from Kona and I'm 2 years out from Kona :)

• @Jeremy Behler

Great call yesterday, thanks for your time! Here are my thoughts for you:

Macro:

• Weekday planning (See below).
    • Motivation (short term goals) -- CHOO Ride with P, Bike Ride outside?, 5k race?

Targets for the run:

• Paces don't matter yet and won't until January.
    • Goal is FREQUENCY to lay a healthy foundation.
    • Move from 15mpw in SEPT to 20mpw in OCT to 25mpw in NOV!

What is Accountability for you?

• I can be Insult Coach, but I think oyu would do better to have some "Uber JB" pics located around your world. Work desk?

Week Day:

Mon - Run In AM, in bed early

Tues - Zwift Race 5:00AM with the Team in a KISS RACE. Lunch Run.

Wed - Run In AM

Thu - Zwift Social Ride Wagner's Wagon...3.0 steady ride for as long as you can go. Lunch Run.

Fri - Run in AM

Sat - Long ride outside ABP style; warm up and HIM effort. Unless a fun long ride day.

Sun - Medium run of about an hour, ideally on rolling hills, negative split by starting easy.

Disaster Control:

Go to workout when life sucks is What? 2 mile run at lunch? Can you "block out" lunch strategically?

• @Jeremy Behler God to catch up today...lots to cover here...

Injury Situation

Building run, etc, then pushed pace at lunch. Ran 6:45s for 3 miles…then felt a pulled muscle in abs, took a week off…then did a 50mile relay (early Nov)…. 2 x 6 miles @ 7’ pace…afterwards was sore again. Now it’s been two weeks. 

Return Timeline Targets

• Running frequently by 12/9, minimal to no discomfort
    • Running pain free, goal mileage by 12/23. 

Medical Check Ins

• Fri Dr app for FAA physical (11/15/2019)
    • 12/16 in-depth executive physical, could be another option. 
    • TBD Physical Therapist for Functional Movement Screening

Medical Homework

• 🔲 Find a primary care; email 5 folks for recommendations. Ideally athlete friendly and accessible. 
    • 🔲 Find / get a list of physical therapists; again you want someone who comes with a good reputation. You’ll want one that can do a Functional Movement Screen (if they don’t know what that is, move on!) and is more hands on than "do these 10 exercises as I watch you then I will refer you for more exercises!"

Review of Workouts

• Consistent Bike For last 3 weeks with some great "peak" wattage markers
    • Run on hold because  of injury
    • Swim opportunities exist but need to be targeted.
    • Body comp looks good right now… 165s is IM target; now 168.

Scheduling 

Short Term Training

• Love the Zwift WKOs and the progress we are seeing itn the OutSeason®  for you right now. I vote that we keep on this path through Week 5 testing (wk 5 ends on Sunday 12/1). At that point you wilL have a new FTP number that we can trust.
    • Establish Zwift routine for future compliance with workouts (build the discipline "muscle" if you will)
    • Add in 1 or two Swim sessions as you are able.
    • Uber flexibility for week of christmas for you. 

Long Term Training

• Goal is to be at 20mpw running, 180mpw riding, 2 swims by January.
    • 🔲 What are future volume opportunities? XMAS week...when else? Are you in for AZ camp? Please share with me in your reply.

Workout Recommendations

The Bike

• Continue with Zwift WKOs for Phase 1. Tue / Thu structured; then a longer session on the weekends. Can be a 3R 100k ride, etc. No race here, just riding.
    • 12/2+ we add in a zwift race on either Tue or Thur. So one structure, one race. We also do two weekend rides. One longer / aerobic as above, the other could be cruise and crush (social with some work).
    • 1/6+ We return to structure of the weekday OS sessions and a longer weekend session but we seek out a good tempo session. KISS AT Base is great for this; we want somethign that forces you to sit at 3.0 to 3.3 WKG for 2 to 2.5 hours.
    • From FEB+ we go TBD on the bike.

The Swim

• Let's commit to 1x swim a week right now, I have added a simple template session into your Final Surge account.

The Run

• TBD based on evaluations!
  • @Coach Patrick I didn't get the news I hoped for Friday...appears I have a small hernia...not a pulled muscle.

Been doing some research here and will be reaching out to @scott dinhofer and @Rich Stanbaugh who I think both had the same issues..

I'm getting in for a second opinion ASAP but assuming it's correct my thinking is as follows:

I'm free to train through it and if it doesn't get worse there is really no risk. That said, the ability to put in quality training could be limited and there is always the risk that the condition gets worse and I either need to bail on my race plans mid-training or I simply have a really bad race or DNF. Both of those are not risks I'm willing to take . As such, if confirmed my plan would look like this

Try to get in for surgery this year still. Recovery time is pretty short (likely another week off and 1-2 weeks of lighter activity). I'd punt things out a few months. Drop Coach EN and basically train with light volume for the balance of the year as conditions allow. I'd switch my IMSG duties from racer to sherpa and defer my entry into a late-ish summer race where I could train and prepare appropriately to show up on race day and be able to compete for a Kona slot. Mont Tremblant, Penticton, Maryland, and Louisville are all on the table.

• @Jeremy Behler What's the update / verdict from the Turkey Day Dash? Curious to hear how you felt and want to help you get to some kind of certainty.

• Talked to surgeon this week. Have follow up appointment Monday. Hernia appears to be getting moderately worse (judging by discomfort) but is not limiting me during exercise as long as I've given appropriate time since last workout to recover. Turkey Trot went well..averaged just over 6 min pace for 2.8 miles but felt it for a couple days afterward.

Surgeon said he could get me in this month likely and if not first of Jan. This would allow things to ramp back up in Feb which would mean a deferral of St. George to a later event. Right now Mt. Tremblant is in the lead.

• @Jeremy Behler Word..will be nice to just get it done than have to wait and keep fingers (And abs) crossed. We'll want an aggressive rehab timeframe just so you stay loose; no sedentary stuff!

I can help you map that out as needed before you leave CoachEN 😭

• The roller coaster continues. Saw surgeon and he's 99% sure it is muscular so no hernia. Suggested I take it easy another week or so and gradually ramp back up.

So...what's this mean coach? I can bike and swim without much risk and need to be intentional on how we introduce running back in. I guess this means St. George is back on for now.

I'll set up a call to determine path forward.

• @Coach Patrick I just looked and you only have 90 minutes available this year and I have meetings at that time. Let me know if you have any other times available

• Jeremy -

I always have time to connect, those are the official times. Try this link https://calendly.com/pmccrann/30min or text me here: 6175133830 or a DM via GroupMe or FB Messenger or...or... 😂 

Looking forward to it. 

P

• Still showing no dates in December?
  • @Jeremy Behler Great to talk with you today and pumped about the good news. Bad news is we gotta get to work! 🤣

I have set up FS through 1/6...check it out and read the rules before ...I expect an update before 1/6 so I can edit more!

Here are the rules:

• No Swimming Until February. We need to get you on a schedule with the zwift stuff, and I don't want to lose Workout bandwidth to Navigating a pool schedule, etc, when you will still swim just fine.
    • Running is 30 minutes, 4 times a week from now though 1/6...that gives us 8 to 10 runs before we get to the new year where we can re-evaluate. These should be at 7:30-ish pace. No pressure. This is purposefully short so you can do in a gym or at lunch at office, or whatever. No excuses here. This means at least 2 to close out this week.
    • Biking is where it's at. We need you to do 2 quality wkos during the week and two longer rides on the weekend. I have mapped these out in Final Surge for you. If you don't want to do the VO2 stuff you can do a short CRIT race on the new CRIT course as it's the perfect analogue to what those VO2 workouts are aiming for. Weekends are NOT cruise and crush, they are just aerobic long rides. Something like the Saturday 7am 3R Ride on for WBR Social [~2.0w/kg] - 60 mins duration; and Sunday 7am DIRT XLR Xtra Long Ride That is 2 hours would be great....
  • @Jeremy Behler

Notes from the Call:

• Concern for the race in more towards The run than the bike.
    • LP breakthrough run (3:15) Was built off of steady state runs in the 7:30-7:40 pace Range.
    • Matter of being disciplined with how we ramp it up.

Race Planning for the Bike:

• Last 30 miles is all downhill On the bike
    • Makes this a HIM bike course followed by a marathon.
    • Need to check out weather / wind conditions.

Events:

• AZ Biz Trip end of January (can run; Thu to Sun)
    • last week of Feb going skiing In CO

Schedule:

• 12 weeks to race day starts on February 10
    • 5 weeks of intermediary training to prep for FULL plan.
    • Prep for IM plan is run @ 25 mpw (1 @ 1.25 h), bike at 6h/week (1 @ 3h), swim 2x/week

Workouts:

Plan is uploaded for you in Final Surge. I have added notes in the WKO Title such as "level 1" or "level 2" in the spaces where I wanted to be more specific...lets' get to work!

~ Patrick

• Holy beast mode on the TSS today @Jeremy Behler -- nice! Looking ahead to this week, I am concerned about your Thursday split long run. I am thinking that maybe we go 45' in AM and then 30' at night? I want the double run if possible, but not to run too much.

#1 target is something every day. Even a 15' run or a 30' zwift crit race.

#2 is that big weekend. I want pictures of you crazy kids on EN Live!

~ Coach P

• @Jeremy Behler OK, edits made after some research showed that in 2018 (bottom row) you used an alternative Bike Focus vs Run Focus week in your Build to LP; and I think that is the best way forward here as well given your schedule and timeline. I have labelled weeks as BIKE or RUN on Mondays, with the last two weeks being more SWIM focused. There will be some friction (fuelbelt to Mexico please, bike RR on Saturday before Boston?) but it should mostly be manageable!

Check it out and let's get ready to roll!

~ Coach P