Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

MP3 Player?

I have gone through two MP3 players in the last 4 months.  The first was a $30 (RCA) job from Walmart and the sencond was a new apple ipod shuffel (3rd gen).  I clipped both to the loop on my bibs to ride and to my HRM strap when running.  I don't thnk I sweat any more than the normal fella, so I have no clue.  I am looking for a new one.  I am not looking for anything special, except that it wil handle getting sweat on it and has something like 2/4GBs.  Can someone recommend a small palyer that can be used for working out?

Comments

• Options
    I use a 2nd gen ipod shuffle. I ruined my first one after about three month of training with it clipped to my waist band. I guess my sweat got into the headphone jack or buttons. When I replaced that one, I started putting it in a plastic bag (the cheap sandwich ones that come in boxes of 500 or so) and since then it has lasted me over two years with out an issue.
  • Options
    @Matt

I have heard of others doing that. I may have to go that route too. I really like how small the 3rd Gen Shuffle is (approx 2" long and 1" arcoss). It's ashame how fragile it is, consiering they maket it as a activity player. Thanks again.
  • Options

What works for me is an i-pod in an Otterbox case.  I destroyed a couple of players before I began using the Otterbox. 

• Options

I have a 3G Nano and house it in a clear plastic case with a clip on the back.  I also use the H2O Audio case for it when I swim longer sets; helps prevent boredom.

• Options
    FYI, ipod shuffles and Gu do not work well together image

tom
  • Options
    Tom, Thanks for the heads-up. I almost shot my drink out my nose!