Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

computrainer long rides

Hii Coaches...hopefully last ?.  Starting 1/2 HM this week ( week 13)  All or most rides will be on Computrainer for at least next month.  With the two long rides back to back days, I see me doing one ride at home on trainer and hopefully one outdoors.  Being in downtown Chicago , we have to go a little ways to get some quality riding. I save 2 hrs by staying on trainer. It also seems a little easier to gauge /complete these workouts and zones on the trainer.  Any advice? What 's amount of time I should cap indoor ride?

Thanks,

sue

Comments

• Options

Hello again.  another ? re: strucuring my long rides.  lots going on weekends with kids in track & soccer so Im looking to do my rides on M & T with long run on Th..still.  Is this ok? I may have to take one weekend day as Off day sometimes and use the other for a shorter workout ie swim, short bike, short run.  Any    MUSTS    I should follow with this order sequence?

Much thanks,

Sue

• Options

Posted By sue urban-crowley on 14 Apr 2013 10:42 AM

Hii Coaches...hopefully last ?.  Starting 1/2 HM this week ( week 13)  All or most rides will be on Computrainer for at least next month.  With the two long rides back to back days, I see me doing one ride at home on trainer and hopefully one outdoors.  Being in downtown Chicago , we have to go a little ways to get some quality riding. I save 2 hrs by staying on trainer. It also seems a little easier to gauge /complete these workouts and zones on the trainer.  Any advice? What 's amount of time I should cap indoor ride?

Thanks,

sue

Fine to cap the indoor riding at 2hrs. Even 1.5hrs, for HIM training, is fine, if you're basically repeating an interval session. Our general guidance is the shorter the ride the harder you ride.