Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Been very sick should i switch goals

I have been very ill. Total burnout. Adrenal fatigue and hormone imbalance.I have done nothing but recover for the past six to eight weeks. I am doing well and have gained weight back and hormones are balanced. Before this i had done 8 weeks of of off season. I am now able to train again. I am signed up for Syracuse half jun 23 and i know i cant do that. I am also signed up for my first ironman Tremblant aug 23. Is is possible? I as most EN people have busy life that triathlons is just a part of. 4 kids 7 and under. You get picture. If not realistic i could switch goals to half in muskoka canada in early sept. Right now i am running 10km comfortably have not swam really since christmas and have not been on my bike in 6 weeks. If i do stick with Tremblant where do i start with training and if i go with muskoka where should i start.
Thanks for your help. I will do a new session plan survey once i get feedback on what you think is realistic.

Comments

• Options
    Carolyn,

Yes, you have time to get your fitness back and have a successful race, as long as you amend your definition of successful to suit your new conditions. That said, the question you should be asking yourself is:

"Does training and racing IMMT sound like FUN."

That is, will enjoy the process? No, it certain won't be "fun" all the time, or ever. Fun like unicorns and fairies fun. But if the idea of training and racing an Ironman seems like a chore and drudgery, given everything else you have going on...than I think you have your answer.

This is all just a game. If training for and racing a race, of any distance, sounds like fun, do it. If not, don't do it. For me it's very simple.
  • Options
    Think I an going to change gears and do Muskoka half this year. I like to do things well when I do them and I don't feel I have enough time to do that and the rest of life. I love triathlons(the training is my favorite). I will send a new plan to you and go from there. IM Tremblant scares me right now. I get stressed when I think of what I need to get done between now and then. Maybe next year for me for a full. Thanks for your thoughts...