Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Training Zones Calculator

I've been trying to update my zones after a run test 5K. I first tried the temporary "EN Training Zone Calculator" as recommended, but it shows another person's numbers and will not update my Average Pace Per Mile. I then went to the "Attackpoint" calculator, which gives run paces, but not the Zone 3 HM pace. How do I find that? I assume that you want me to figure this out myself, then change my own paces manually on my profile. Is that correct? I have wasted way too much time trying to figure this out. Last year, I would put my test numbers in, and it would update for me.

Comments

• Options
    Kate, sorry for this. We lost some functionality when the site was shut down. We have been rebuilding these tools for you and they are 95% ready..currently z4 and z5 of run doesn't work so on that now....literally a few days away...I fixed that sheet for you, someone keeps deleting the formulas....very sorry.
  • Options

Looking forward to having the site back up to speed. Thanks for checking the calculator, but I still don't know how to find Half Marathon pace, which is not on the Attackpoint calculator. I remember the "old" site had something to do that extra run pace. Is there a formula I can use? 

• Options
    No worries. Attackpoint gives you a predicted Half Marathon time. You plug that into the cell "H25" in the Temp Calculator and that will give you the Z3 Pace in cell "I25" that you can then work with....again, like a day away. I wanted to launch it tonight but Evil Coach R is insisting (rightly) upon excellence, etc...
  • Options
    Testing, testing....since I just tried to submit a reply and it said to try again later. I am frustrated. Very. Frustrated.
  • Options

OK, so my "test reply" worked. I had tried to say that the formula is gone again from the spreadsheet and also that the cell you said to fill in isn't the correct one. Sheesh! I guess I will wait until the site is fixed.

Also, my frustration continues as I had to just have an EN friend forward yesterday's newsletter to me. I wonder if you have me on your official list. I get notifications asking me to join the team and notifications that my credit card has been charged, but I am missing other, more interesting emails. I only know this through discussion with a friend who is receiving them. Please check to see if I am an official team member on your rolls, or if I have a different classification! 

• Options

Hi Kate,

So sorry about your frustrations but we're sure you'll be pleased with the new calculators. They are huge improvement of the old or temporary solutions, but we want to get them 100% correct vs rolling them out too quickly. Thanks for understanding.

I checked your settings are configured correctly back here with regards to permissions. I'll check something else to see if maybe you've opt'ed out of receiving emails from us. I'll be right back.

• Options
    Sorry, no joy. Have you checked your spam or trash folders in Gmail for anything from us?
  • Options
    My apologies. Yesterday's newsletter was in gmail spam. It must see the newsletters and ship them to spam, but send me the billing info and your team recruiting emails without calling it spam.
  • Options

No worries, spam filters kick our ass at times. You can go into Gmail and create a filter to never send emails from us to spam

• Options
    FYI, the new calculator is live. Virtual hi five!
  • Options
    Yay! I will try it out with my bike test numbers, which, thankfully, I remembered. My Garmin (new!) 910xt decided to only let me see the history of my March workouts, nothing in April or May! I have to figure this one out as I enter the IM training plan, getting ready for IMLP.
  • Options
    It worked! Only thing that didn't happen was changing the date. It stays with today's date and won't update for me. Just a little feedback, since it's inconsequential. Thanks!
  • Options
    Oh, and the bike test on the calculator doesn't have a box for "seconds" in the TT. I rode 37 min. 40 seconds, which is a bit slower mph than 37 min.
  • Options
    Kate, thanks! The "Date" is inconsequential until we can save multiple dates for you (Coming in version 2.0) as are "seconds" for the bike zones.