Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Mike B's Private Macro Thread

Hi Coaches!

Well, I'm looking ahead to mid-August (8/12) when I'm suposed to load up and begin my IM TP for Florida (start at week 9) and am seeing that I'll be on vacation with the family 8/11-8/24.  We're flying out to the West Coast so I can't bring my bike, we'll be all over the place seeing friends and family so a pool may be hard to come by, but I can always run.

I am scheduled to complete 6 weeks of a get faster plan and go right into the IM plan - as this is my first time doing either of these plans, I really don't know what's in store for me and what option would be ideal in accommodating my trip.  (Do I just start the IM plan earlier, can I do 4 weeks get faster - 2 weeks IM - then 2 weeks get faster on trip - then rest of IM plan?)

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Comments

• Options

Posted By Mike Burke on 08 May 2013 09:59 AM

Hi Coaches!

Well, I'm looking ahead to mid-August (8/12) when I'm suposed to load up and begin my IM TP for Florida (start at week 9) and am seeing that I'll be on vacation with the family 8/11-8/24.  We're flying out to the West Coast so I can't bring my bike, we'll be all over the place seeing friends and family so a pool may be hard to come by, but I can always run.

I am scheduled to complete 6 weeks of a get faster plan and go right into the IM plan - as this is my first time doing either of these plans, I really don't know what's in store for me and what option would be ideal in accommodating my trip.  (Do I just start the IM plan earlier, can I do 4 weeks get faster - 2 weeks IM - then 2 weeks get faster on trip - then rest of IM plan?)

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Do 4wks of GF, then load up the IM plan to end on your race. Do 2wks of the IM plan and then during your vacation, do the runs in the IM plan, maybe adding an additional run to the schedule and maybe adding some time to the shorter runs. That is, if a run is scheduled for 30', make it 45', then add an additional 30-45' run to the schedule. Bonus if you can swim and not having a bike is what it is. 

During that two weeks of the IM plan before your trip, try to add a 4th bike to the weekly schedule, so that you're going a little bike-heavy before the trip.