Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Daniela's Macro Thread

I finished up the GF plan this week.  My season has changed since I decided I no longer want to race long-distance, so removed Muncie 70.3 from my racing schedule.  I submitted a new race survey last weekend.  Any chance I'll get the new season plan today?  I was to move to the HIM plan tomorrow.  I'm assuming I'll drop into the SC plan, but not sure what at what week.  

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for the delay, I'll get this done today!
  • Options

Today as in yesterday's today, or today's today, or tomorrow's today?  image  I checked spam just to make sure it didn't go there.

I also have another question while I"m at it.  I'm sponsored by a local run shop.  As part of my sponsorship agreement I run with them once a month.  They have runs on Wednesdays in the evening and Sunday mornings.  I really dislike running at night, so would rather do Sunday mornings.  For the few runs I have done with them so far, the pace is about my Z1.  If I was to run with them instead of do my workout, is there a rule of thumb for increase in time to equal the decrease in intensity?  I'm less worried about this now that I'm just doing short course this year, but still would like to feel like I got in a somewhat equivalent workout. When possible I time these with the end of the test week, but there will be less of those in the summer.  

• Options
    Ugg, I suck, will do it today, promise. Crazy busy back here.

Is there anyone at these runs who's fast and you can run with? Seems like a group run would be a good opportunity to run tempo with some faster folks. If not, I wouldn't worry about it...but maybe add 15-20' to that run, especially if you can do that bit on your own at a faster pace. 1 run like this per month isn't a deal breaker at all.
  • Options

The GF plan is the best fit for you and AG Nationals. However, what do you think about doing either the bike or run focused training plan (choosing the weaker of the two sports for 6wks, then do 7wks of the GF plan?

We'll talk about the rest of your season after AG Nats. Let me know what you think. 

• Options

After the OS I did the run focus plan, which is easily my weakest sport.  With permission (from P?) I added is extra runs because the plan seemed a bit week compared to where I had just come from.  When the RFP plan ended I did the GF plan, which I just finished up.  My main reason for liking the idea of the SCP is because it's something different.  Last weekend I loaded up the SCP to end with AGN, but the workouts at the beginning of the plan seemed more for off the couch people, so I changed it to end on Lake Geode to split the summer. I'm currently working through week 11 until told otherwise.

I'm okay with going back to one of the other plans, just curious why GF is a better fit.

If it matters at all, there are also 3 duathlons between now and AGN.  $1,000 prize for the overall winner, and thought I'd give it a go.  The first one is the furthest drive at 20 miles from home image 

Original Plan:

• Options

Posted By Rich Strauss on 08 May 2013 12:21 PM

Ugg, I suck, will do it today, promise. Crazy busy back here.

Is there anyone at these runs who's fast and you can run with? Seems like a group run would be a good opportunity to run tempo with some faster folks. If not, I wouldn't worry about it...but maybe add 15-20' to that run, especially if you can do that bit on your own at a faster pace. 1 run like this per month isn't a deal breaker at all.

It's a smaller group.  Another girl showed up to one I went to and she was a little disappointed in the slow speed.  I'll see if I can arrange meeting her there and running together.  Thanks for the reassurance it will all be okay image

• Options
    As you noted, the SC plan is a bit easier than the GF plan, and therefore a bit of a step backwards for you. When we wrote that plan we took the SC plan then move stuff around, turned stuff up, etc.

So "better fit" means it's a better fit for the fitness you have now.

An alternative would be to use the HIM plan vs the GF plan, just turn the long run volume down to ~1:00-15. Recommend you keep the Saturday long bike as is but maybe turn down Sunday ride so that it's sorta a second interval ride?