Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Wk 19 - Achilles Still Sore - What to do this wk and race wk?

Hi Coach P:

As you know I've been battling my Achilles injury and my bruised heel for about 6 weeks now.  The Achilles is getting better and I am icing and going to PT and getting the full regimen of Graston, ART and ultrasound.  I did do a run for 2 hours last Wednesday and felt as best as I could expect on the run in that I was able to run the entire time.  What concerned me was after the run - I could barely walk on my heel and was hobbling around.

I was planning to do the 80" run this week and the brick after the run on Sat.  But I wasn't going to do anymore.  What do you think about this plan?

Also for race week, I was thinking I would do the brick run after the bike and that would be it.

I appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Thanks for a great Webinar on Monday evening.

Joanna

Comments

• Options
    Since you're only going to run a couple times this week (totally fine), I recommend you plan for 80' but pick a route that lets you cut it short if you need to, 40-50'. IOW, running an additional 40' won't make a difference at this point so better to play it safe and cut it short, if that's what needs to be done.
  • Options
    Thanks Coach R!

I am off to do my run and will stop after 40-50 of there are any issues.

Joanna