Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Bug Sur 20 miler in two weeks...

Hi! I "think" this is a "macro" topic? 

So I sort of took your advice and am no longer doing the Big Sur Marathon. I stepped it down to the 21 miler, and plan on running it however you want me to for training purposes. Here is that week for me.

Mon 4/22-Wed 4/24 [would be in Int. IM Wk 12] Adjustments leading up to travel?

Thurs 4/25  ?? (Flying out in the evening. Can workout in early morning before work)

Fri 4/26 ?? (visiting Sonoma)

Sat 4/27 ?? (Sonoma then driving to Monterey 4 hrs)

Sun 4/28 BIG SUR 21 Miler! - Also let me know how you want me to run this big boy.

Mon 4/29 ?? (Hanging In San Fran) [would now be in Int. IM Wk 13]

Tues 4/30 XX Can't do anything...travel and booked in evening too)

Wed 5/1...adjustments to rest of Wk 13??

Thanks!!!

(BTW, for your Beta, I'd suggest you bring up the "Check the box to receive email notifications for this topic" to just above Submit, if you can or people will mis it! It's currently hidden under "Additional Options")

Greg

Comments

• Options

Posted By Greg Fay on 13 Apr 2013 04:59 PM

Hi! I "think" this is a "macro" topic? 

So I sort of took your advice and am no longer doing the Big Sur Marathon. I stepped it down to the 21 miler, and plan on running it however you want me to for training purposes. Here is that week for me.

Mon 4/22-Wed 4/24 [would be in Int. IM Wk 12] Adjustments leading up to travel? No, just follow the schedule

Thurs 4/25  ?? (Flying out in the evening. Can workout in early morning before work) Repeat interval ride

Fri 4/26 ?? (visiting Sonoma) Short AM run

Sat 4/27 ?? (Sonoma then driving to Monterey 4 hrs) Short AM run

Sun 4/28 BIG SUR 21 Miler! - Also let me know how you want me to run this big boy. Just run and enjoy the course...and the hills!  

Mon 4/29 ?? (Hanging In San Fran) [would now be in Int. IM Wk 13] Off

Tues 4/30 XX Can't do anything...travel and booked in evening too) Off

Wed 5/1...adjustments to rest of Wk 13?? Interval bike Wed, however you feel Thurs, Fri, Sat per schedule, Thurs long run is moved to Sunday. 

Thanks!!!

(BTW, for your Beta, I'd suggest you bring up the "Check the box to receive email notifications for this topic" to just above Submit, if you can or people will mis it! It's currently hidden under "Additional Options")

Greg

• Options
    Finally loading all in calendar and a couple follow-up questions and comments...

1. The Int. IM Full Week 12 plan for "Thursday" is messed up. Should be a test day (per other tests that week plus Coach Notes don't jive that day)

2. Since I am missing the T-pace swim re-test on Friday, should I do that on Wednesday before the trip, instead of regular Wk 12 swim?

3. Assuming #1 is actually a vDot test and I am missing that. When would be goon for me to re-do that?

4. On your last comment above, I did move the long from from Thursday to Sunday. But with Thursday now "empty", and since I think I can take the time Friday morning for the 4hr bike, I moved Fri/Sat/Sun all up a day to Thu/Fri/Sat. OK?

5. Lastly, just FYI that "Zone 4" is missing in the description for the "Get Faster" Wednesday runs for Wk 13 through Wk 16.

Thanks!
    Greg
  • Options
    Sorry, one more...

6. For Thurs 4/25 is says "repeat interval ride". But there is no Interval ride due to the test. Just do the one from the previous Wk 11 Wed? (MS: 10' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. 15' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. 20' (4') @ 95-100%/Zone4/Hard. )

Thx again
  • Options
    Hi!. Are long past these dates and didn't hear back, so work through it. But FYI on #1 and #5 as those wer plan issues to be fixed for the next guy...

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Options
    Sorry about that, plans have been fixed. Next time just bump the post by replying to it. Sometimes I miss one or two. Thanks.
  • Options
    No worries. I will say it's happened 4 out of the last 5. I really don't like to be overly nagging, so am kinda tentative at bumping.

Anyway, just FYI. Love the plans, and lots of activity in the CDA forum.

All the best,
    Greg
  • Options

Understood. Things seem to be working better now with this individual thread method, as I receive instant notifications of posts and hit them daily. THanks for your patience!