Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Geoff's macro thread

Hey rich. Just finished wildflower squared aka dumbass double. Rested today and am ready to jump back into training. I uploaded the getting faster program as you instructed to prepare me for reservoir tri but should I recover more this week or do the workouts as planned. If so, I'm going to have to find some wimpy hills to do my hill run intervals as my legs are still somewhere on Nasty grade!

Comments

• Options
    Geoff,

Load up the plan but just roll the tests to next week, if you feel you need to retest to set your zones. If no, don't test and do the intervals instead. If yes, then test, replacing the interval sessions next week with the tests. As for this week, suggest you go very light/off Mon and Tues, see how you feel on Wed, Thurs you'll likely be about 80% and all good by Friday. Try to get back on track with your normal weekend stuff by this weekend.

See the "Self-Coaching Guide" in the wiki for a lot of discussion how to modify stuff post race week.
  • Options

Thanks Rich.  Will push the testing until next week when my legs feel more fresh.  Already started yesterdays workout and I think I'm more sore from them than wildflower!  Will take it a little easier today and tomorrow so that I can return to "normal" by the weekend. 

BTW, I am starting on week 3 of Getting Faster plan since the race i am aiming for is June 16 right? 

tks

• Options
    Correct, just load up the GF plan to end on the date of your race.
  • Options
    Hey Rich, So this week i am going to do some of the testing but it is week 4 of GF plan to end on June 16...incorporate week 4 with the testing or just implement training schedule from week 1 (testing) of GF....

tks
  • Options

Do you "need" to do any testing? Do you know your training zones? If you "need" to test, then do that -- do the tests in Wk1 of the GF plan in place of wherever the bike and run interval sessions are in any training week. 

If not, don't worry about it, don't test. 

• Options
    I am not sure of my training zones for bike and run, so i think i will try to incorporate it into this week to get some training baselines. So bike test on tuesday.. I just don't necessarily want to take weds off (as specified in week 1) for focus prepping for run test on thurs...

• Options
    Hey rich,

was thinking about my race calendar. In late july, was toying with Donner Lake Tri. Either olympic or half. I could also sign up for the full aquabike at Vineman the same weekend.

I will also be trying to attend your IMLT camp two weeks later.

I welcome your thoughts/advice on these. Thanks!
  • Options
    What is your scheduled A-race. Or rather, are you racing IMLT and that's why you're planning to come to the camp?
  • Options
    yep,

gotta refill out the season survey, but right now it is

Reservoir Tri on June 16 A race
    Late July Race
    IMLT camp
    IMLT Sept 22 A race

tks