Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

C Race is this Sunday

Hi Coach, 

I don't know why I didn't research this earlier so I apologize for the last minute question.  I am in Week 12 of Beginner IMLP and have a C race this Sunday, the Red Bank (NJ) Olympic Tri.  I have a long run scheduled for today and long bike Saturday, I think with a brick run prior.  I had to switch things around this week and did an OWS (1.2 miles) and a 45 minute run on Mon, and a  95 minute bike  on Tues.    This ride was not my best and i had a hard time getting my speed up and getting into Z4 (Heart Rate).  We did the Quassy Preview on Saturday ( a lot of Z4) followed by a 20 minute run and I did 30 miles (Z3/Z2) on Sunday.  Wednesday was a disaster!!  I was falling asleep at my desk during the day and that night I tried to do the missed 2x1 mile run workout I and could barely warmup.  I quit after trying for 2 miles at my HM pace.  I went directly to the pool and did only about 1400 meters of my swim workout.  My legs still feel a little heavy and tight today, not terrible, but not full of energy. 

Help!

Comments

• Options
    @Ken I got tired reading your week! REST REST PLEASE REST. I hope to god you didn't do your long run today. Regardless, FRIDAY IS OFF and Saturday is a short tuned up....40' ride, 20' brick run, both with 3 x 1' pick ups at threshold / z4 effort. Race Sunday and swim only monday...keep me posted!
  • Options
    Thanks Patrick, wow trying to figure out fatigue versus wimpiness is tougher than I thougt :-) I just found a wicki on this and it is really helpful.