Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Adding Bike Volume this weekend

Just wondering your thoughts on adding bike volume for this weekend?  I am in week 6 of the Get Faster program.  Due to bad weather (mother nature hates me especially when I have to ride), kid's sports schedules, work, etc almost 99% of the riding has been on the trainer.  I have officially hit trainer burn out!!!!

My thoughts:  Saturday follow the 2.5 hr training plan maybe extending to 3 hrs.  Sunday run plan then ride 2-3 hrs Z2.  Monday add additional ride of 3-4 hrs Z2-Z3.  I just want to be on the roads and not in front of the TV.  I know there is the big bike week Wiki but I am not ready for that volume.  Gracias Coach.

Comments

• Options
    I'm interested in what the coach says too. I can't pass on a 3 day weekend without a volume bump so I'm going 100-60-80 this weekend. I'll save the 4th of July weekend for a Big Tri Week.
  • Options
    Yes to both of you, HOWEVER, you need to keep the intensity low low low so you can absorb it...and eat / drink like a fool...break either of those rules and you will end up not emerging from this until like Thursday/Friday of the following week. Enjoy it!!!