Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Race rehearsal two weeks before HIM.

Due to an Achilles injury was not able to do 1st race rehearsal a couple of weeks ago. 2nd scheduled race rehearsal was this upcoming Saturday but had to move up to today due to busy work schedule. Kansas half IM is on june 9th. My first race rehearsal today was major fail! Do I try and work in another race rehearsal next week to help apply what I learned today? Perfect days to do another race rehearsal next week due to work schedule would be tues or sat.

Comments

• Options
    @Damon, that first fail is supposed to happen, but your health is more important than getting it done. So you have done right this far. I approve a BIKE ONLY RR next weekend...but no running. But before I can wholeheartedly approve you for it, I need to know you are working with the Team on what did / didn't work for the first RR. Time is not on your side if you only have a few more days until the next RR!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Most of the problem I can see was hydrating and fueling too late as pace and tss were good. I will definitely look into planning it out a little definitely if I attempt another rehearsal. Thanks again!