Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

EN Kits?

I'm probably too late on this, but is there a way to get an EN Kit for CdA? Maybe I missed some team order...or are folks wearing whatever individually?

Thanks!

Greg

Comments

• Options

Please see the big banner that we've had parked at top of the forum and the dash for like three months 

• Options

OK, I did laugh. I think my eye naturally skips anything that looks like a banner ad! But still ordered the Tri top!

I got it yesterday. day before my flight out to CDA. image One question/comment...the pockets on the back are practically non-existent. Not very functional for a race. Just some feedback in case the design changed recently. I don't think I'm going to wear it now, as much as I'd like to! image Bummer because not cheap and wanted to support the team! But I'll switch to it after. image

Greg

• Options
    I also sent out an Order your Kit - 7 weeks out from the race if you want to get it. As for the pockets, I have had no issues with them. I have raced in the tri top every race I have done and stored fuel in there no problem. You are the first person to say that. Perhaps you are comparing it to the pockets on a bike jersey?
  • Options

The bigger the pockets the more stuff gets put into them that weighs you down.  Race day is for keeping things simple.  Not much you need to carry - no phone, no extensive amount of food, no extra water bottle.  Racing in the team "uniform" makes you feel more connected with the team on race day and easier to pick out in a crowd.

• Options

All,

As a team of long course triathletes, you folks are very particular about a lot of stuff, which is understandable. We can't please everyone but we do our best. 

But as Patricia said, racing in EN kit is huge. EN is an extremely well recognized brand in the long course triathlon space and you'll get a ton of teammate, support crew, fellow competitor, and spectator support when you race in EN kit. 

• Options
    @Brenda, are you saying you have a kit specifically for me that was ordered 7 weeks ago? Are you here in CdA, how much is it, is it a top and bottom? Thx!!

@Patricia, that's good advice. I probably need to change my mindset about keeping it light on race day. Normally carry all nutrition so I it's exactly the same as what I've trained with. On the bike, I carry two of those pitstops for the Zipps, one on the bike, and usually another in my Tri top pocket. I usually carry all the gels I know I will need because they are what I've trained with. Salt tabs in a little dispenser (usually also in pocket). I guess I'll carry just one pitstop, use the gels on the course (just makes me nervous that they are little different, and sometimes I've seen them not have them or be run out which sucks if really needed), stick the dispenser in my shorts or something. And of couse I totally agree on the team/connected reasons...that's why I wanted one so bad.

@Rich, not sure what you mean by "very particular about a lot of stuff" or "can't please everyone". Just feedback/comment...was thinking maybe design changed or something. And mainly, don't want to deal with or worry about nutrition related issues on race day...focus on the race. I've done 7 half and full IMs and the Kits I've worn last three years and never had such small pockets, so was just asking. Not a big deal.

Anyway, I think what I'm learning here is I need to find a balance of worrying about carrying ALL my nutrition, get LIGHTER, and trust in the SAG & Aid Stations & my Special Needs bags to cover me. As far as the Brand, support, etc, I am 100% with you...that's why I bought it, and am proud to wear it. I look forward to meeting you, BTW. If not hear, one of these days.

Thanks all,
    Greg
  • Options
    What I meant was that because you guys are in the kits so long on race day people are very particular about it, pockets, shoulder coverage and much more, especially shorts. We do the best we can.

What Brenda was saying is that she put the word out to the IMCDA groups to buy their kits about 7 weeks ago. I'll ask her to repeat that message a few times for the remaining race groups so that everyone is reminded several times to buy an EN singlet for race day.
  • Options
    Rich, Ah, I see what you meant. Sorry. And, yeah, I figured I'd missed an earlier note on Kit orders. Thanks much.

Greg