Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IM Mont Tremblant Introductions!

Yay!  We have our own group forum!!!   So who all do we have going to IMMT?  Time to introduce yourselves.  I'll start.

Nemo Brauch.  I've been with EN since it started (original gansta).  I'm a 5'2 l'il peep with baby watts who lives on the Outer Banks of North Carolina- so the hills of IMMT are going to be a challenge for me.  I'm currently trying to quickly diagnose and rehab a knee issue that has kept me from running so that's going to be my other challenge.  However, I'm looking forward to the race- I hear the venue is beautiful and I have some DC area friends that will be there too.  

Who else is in- how is everyone feeling?

Comments

• Options

I'm Andrew, from the rolling hills and farmlands of Northern New Jersey. I've been with EN since Nov or so. First time for a full IM. I've done the Rhode Island 70.3 3x, including one DNF for a stress fracture, the Inaugural Poconos 70.3 HIM which ended up a Duathlon, and a bunch of Oly/sprints. I'm "racing" the Patriot Half in 2 weeks ("racing" in quotes 'cause I'm no threat to place in my AG).  I will never do the RI HIM again becaus that run is a freakin' death march in the hot humid Providence sun. 

I'm 5'11", and lug around 195 lbs that do NOT want to leave my body, so I have Sir Isaac pulling me backwards on every hill. I thought training for an IM would make pounds magically melt away. Nope. So, that's a bit dispiriting. My motivation has ebbed and flowed over the past 6 months, and I would have to say at this point in the calendar that I am undertrained. Add to that being overweight and thus I am a bit concerned about the race. I've gone from eagerly anticipating breaking 13, to hoping desperately to break 14. My strength is swimming -- after that I am a BOP kinda guy. 

I'm a stay-at-home dad. The job mainly entails driving hundreds of miles a week, and I rarely leave the tri-county area!

• Options
    Scott Alexander. Born and raised Northern Californian, but lived in flat Dallas TX for the last 11 years. Been with EN for five+ years now (2nd gen).
    I'm a big dood, 6'1" @ 205ish, who can push big watts, but hills are always gravity challenging me (on the way UP, that is).

This will be my 7th IM start (all of these twice before: CDA, AZ and FL), hopefully my 6th finish (CDA09 DNF'd).

I've got about 15+/- local tri teammates that will be on the start line with me in MT.

Feeling good lately, as I transition full-time to the tri bike for the remainder of the ramp-up; and transition my long runs to the dreadmill because of the TX heat (usually).

I've got a corporate America job (15.5 years with AT&T), but it's pretty flexible with lots of vacation and I get to telecommute 2-3x/week, which makes training easier to accommodate (yay late afternoon naps!)
  • Options
    Hi everybody. My name is Tim Cronk and I am a Mont Tremblant addict. Hi Tim. No really , did the inaugural IMMT 70.3 and the 140.6 last year and they were both amazing. Had to go back again and do both this year. Can't say enough about the course and the management of the events in Mont Tremblant. They really were a step up from other events I have done.

I'm 51 , live in NH, retired Air Traffic Controller after 21 years , Racing the M-50-54AG , 3 years with EN , powered by plants (vegan) , much closer to Nemo's size than Scott , IMMT will be my 7th IM. I will be accompanied by my girlfriend of 20 years Heather who will also be racing IMMT for Cystic Fibrosis as her 2nd IM.

Feeling good. Looking forward to some virtual training and meeting you all at IMMT!
  • Options
    Glenn, 40, from central NJ, did IMLP last year, my first full. Looking to beat my time from there. Tim, I listened to your incredible podcast, very informative, thank you sir. As a newbie, who just got a power meter, would u recommend staying in my zone 2-3 power on the bike?
  • Options
    YAY!!! Scott- it will be fun to see you again and finally do a race with you!

Tim- didn't you just finish IMTX? And I believe you got a Kona slot too? Yikes, are you going to do both IMMT and Kona? Don't know if you met my local buddy, Sarah Gardner, or not- but she was at IMTX this year as well. Oh- and I'm pescaterian (however you spell it) and will be very interested to hear about your nutrition plans for training and racing. Don't think I could go full on vegan- I just love dairy products too much.

Andrew- I grew up in NJ so I know you've got pleanty of hills to play on up there. Don't worry too much about the weight right now, just get the training done and you'll be OK. Heck, at this point, I'm just hoping to break the 17 hour cut off!!!
  • Options
    ooooh, podcast? what podcast? Glen- I grew up in Somerville, where in central jersey are you?
  • Options
    @Glenn ... glad you got something out of it... as far as what zone for an IM??? think more IF .70-.75 or NP of 70-75% of your FTP number... which ends up being mid to high zone bottom zone 3..... this like everything is individual... pay special attention to your last 5-6 longbikes leading into IMMT these will be done with plenty of work in the .75-.80 range and the .70-.75 range... including 2 full Race Rehearsals..... These will be the real numbers that you will use @ IMMT, numbers that you know you can sustain and have proven to yourself through training ... Post your workouts as we go , as well as nutrition etc, we'll go over them and it helps to hold yourself accountable!

@Nemo.... IMTX yes , KQ yes , IMMT yes , Kona yes,........ then dont laugh..... IMFL(Heather really wanted to do IMFL and we registered last year before KQ and who am I to argue)... a bit overbooked I know.... gonna race IMMT , enjoy KONA , and if I can race IMFL. Yes of course met Sarah she is awesome! Thanks for getting the ball rolling with the forum looks like we have a good group building already!

Here was my impromptu babbling podcast in question!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNtWiSeEDM
  • Options
    Hey Folks, I am Paul, and I am NOT going to Mont Tremblant. Instead, I will be racing IM Sweden the day before you guys. Since no other EN peeps are joining me in Kalmar, I am signing up with the IMMT group for accountability.

I am coming back from a serious foot injury earlier this spring, but I have knocked out some serious training the past two weeks. Kalmar is flat, flat, flat, and I am hoping I can put down one more 10:xx race before I get too much older.
  • Options
    Hi Paul! Happy to have you here with us. While you are enjoying flat flat flat Kalmar, we'll be enjoying up and down in Mount Tremblant!
  • Options
    Nemo, around the corner from you, East Brunswick, middlesex county
  • Options

Tewksbury Twp. 

I try to avoid the Somerville Circle!  

• Options
    HA! Andrew when we get to Mt Tremblant, ask me to tell you the story about the time I fell out of the car onto the Somerville Circle! And that was BEFORE they eliminated the actual circle part!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, my name is William, but I have been called Skip since the day I was born. I have been with EN since November and love it. I started doing triathlons about three years ago after several years as a runner (marathons and half marathons). My wife and I were contemplating our race schedule and could not get very excited about any particular race. We decided to try triathlons and we both got hooked. After hearing wonderful things about MT, we signed up for the half and the full.

I have done several HIMs and was a DNF last year at LP, which is what led me to EN. During LP I was amazed at what I did not know about the IM distance (pacing on the bike, nutrition, not being an idiot in the heat, etc.). I researched multiple options for IM training and landed at EN. I am thrilled with the experience.

I am 45 with a job that is at times flexible, but also requires long hours. As a result, my training is variable. I am 5' 9" and 148 lbs. We have four daughters (17, 13, 9, and 6). We live in Southeastern PA near the MD/DE borders. The area is very hilly and great for training.

I look forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options

Hello fellow IMMTers!

My name is Steve.  I live in south Jersey and this will be my 3rd Ironman.  Completed IMLP in 2008 (during the never-ending deluge) and for some reason I was dumb enough to go again in 2011.  In between I've done some 70.3's and short course.  I've been with EN since about October of last year.  Previous to that I was mostly coached one-on-one starting in 2007.  I am excited with the progression I've made so far and am looking forward to seeing how the training plays out on race day.  I am currently sponsored by generous donations from My Wife and My Job.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

Steve

• Options
    @ William - I am 5' 8" and a solid 154-155 lbs, struggling to get down to 150-152 lbs which is a premo race weight for me. I wish I could get to 148, but I would have to be in my 20s again. In other words, a fatty compared to you!

Four daughters...wow. You definitely need some occassional me-time.
  • Options
    Looks like we have a great crew heading up to Canada! Looking forward to getting to know all of you a little more over the next few weeks.
  • Options

Hi all.  I just saw this group and am also doing IMMT in August.  I did the inaugural race last year as my first IM distance and thought it was amazing.  For accounting purposes I am 41, 6'1", 191 lbs.  I live in Northeast Ohio and the hills here were fine for IMMT training.  The busy job, two sons (14, 11) and all the training leave me in constant SAU debt.   Looking forward to connecting with all of you.

-ed

• Options
    I've got some non-IM friends looking for crash space. I'm not having non-IM friends (who like to party) stay in the same space with me and two other IM peeps (too much stress, too little sleep, etc).

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Ug, I hear ya on that one Scott! Gotta find some other out of town Sherpas to hook them up with.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Peter Wick and I'm currently living in northern Jersey (Millburn/Maplewood/South Orange). I'm doing IMMT after a disastrous IMLP last year. So this is my second go 'round at the IM distance and am excited to see the wonderful countryside up there.

I'm 6'0" and about 165 lbs and am starting to come into my own as I creep up faster than the 50% mark in my age group (M45-49). This year I took 36th/111 in my AG at the Quassy 70.3. I was 15th at the start of the run and then it became a dang nightmare at the 3 mile point. EPIC FAIL.

Looking for some redemption and it is really good to see so many Jersey Peeps coming up to IMMT.
  • Options
    Hello: My name is Dave Ware. I am in St. Louis, Mo. This will be IM start #3 (of 6 signed up for but 3 unable to start.) Impromptu Grandma's marathon this weekend (just signed up in April and really trying for a BQ.) I am 55 and a little bigger than Peter 185#. Former swimmer and love to run, but the hills of MT will be a challenge on the bike. Hope to be on course for training at the start of July.
  • Options
    @ Dave - you must have some tremendous bad luck to have 3 IM DNSs! Let's hope 3 times is the charm.
  • Options
    Some call it injury prone, my wife just calls it "injury likely." ;<)
  • Options
    I don't know what the formal count of EN folks is, but will someone be organizing a pre- and/or post-race meetup or meal?

I've got about 12 peeps from my local tri club coming up to MT as well. Maybe we can join forces for such an event?!?