Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT week 6/24-6/30

Having raced the 70.3 yesterday and having a eating/traveling/resting day or two.... I took the opportunity to start the next weekly thread for you guys.... Get to WORK ! ย  ย I'll have my report up in a day or two and you guys are going to love this course!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Tim! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your race and will keep an eye out for the race report.

Due to social obligations I did not get enough sleep this weekend. So I decided to sleep in this morning and just did the run. I'll try to get the swim done after work if possible-but won't sweat it if I have to drop it. A little rest will do me good.

This week is gonna be crazy at work (end of quarters are always my busy time). But I'm trying to get away this weekend to head to Maryland where I'll be training with friends up there in the hills. Gotta get some practice climbing and descending!
  • Options
    Nice job Tim, def need any recon of the whole course again. I won't be able to get up there till Friday morning, so what ever new info you have will be greatly appreciated. Got my swim and run done. did run on "dreadmill", where its more disciplined with the 3 % grade that I had to do. Tim, also, could you recommend a bike cassette for MT Tremblant? 28 ?
  • Options
    @Glenn Thanks.... I ride a compact w/11-28 it fine .....

The only part of the course that would really be helpful to ride or preview is the section from Mont Tremblant to Lac Superior and back... That comes at the end of loop 1 and 2 had has the short steep stair steps that need to be ridden smart.

Got in a 19 mile ride at .75 and 3 mile run EP today...

IMMT 70.3 RR is up... http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/12342/Default.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks Tim- that's great advice! I'll be sure to ride parts of that section and preview it before race day. Your race report was really helpful too. Chocolate for breakfast, now why didn't I think of that!?

Taking an unscheduled rest day today. Yesterday's run/walk felt flat and I woke up this morning with high winds and just not feeling it. So I slept in. Will likely regret that decision later today when the winds pick up even more- but I think I needed the zzzzzs.
  • Options
    I also just raced the HIM at MT and completely agree with Tim - you will love the course. I took Monday through Wednesday off completely and cut the run today to 42 minutes. I plan to do the complete workouts this weekend.
  • Options
    Anybody Training?

yesterday 3000yds in the pool and 8 mile run

Today went strava hunting with my Bike Vo2 workout quite unsuccessfully but got in a good 1:09 ride.... then short 3 mile brick

easy swim only day tomorrow and then start to go long again on the weekends
  • Options
    2 hour walk/run today. Did ok and the knee didn't swell too badly (I did ice it afterwards). I was a little faster last week with a 3/1 protocol vs 2/1. That doesn't exactly make sense to me but maybe I'm running faster with more rest? Need to look at the files in closer detail to figure out what is going on there. Anyway- I'm just happy I seem to have a plan for race day.

Swim tomorrow, then I hop in the car and drive to the DC area for some riding this weekend in the hills with friends. Going out to Skyline Drive- so that should thoroughly kick my ass!
  • Options
    @Nemo glad your knee seems to be holding up thru your training, sounds like your run/walk is working without too much of a problem.... Love the Skyline Drive , done it twice on Motorcycle but never on a bicycle... Enjoy!

Todays swim.... 3500yds done as 7 x 500 (60sec) just under an hour , first 5 swim , last 2 w/PB, http://connect.garmin.com/activity/334381699

Looking at another week of crappy weather here in NH... Might actually have to get on the trainer again tomorrow... Rather do that than ride in the rain.....
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm out here training like a dog. Wed was the hardest with 4000 yards plus 4 mile brick run in the morning and 60 miles on the drainer in the evening using Spinervals "Tough Love". Followed that up Thursday with a 7 mile run in the morning and 9 mile run in the evening. Today was light with 3400 yards swim plus 3.4 mile run. Travelled in the evening.

50 days to Sweden. 51 days to IMMT. BOOM!
  • Options
    No bike yet, but I swam for 1:15 this morning. Now i get to drive the kids around the rest of the day. I will be on the bike tomorrow.
  • Options
    Longest bike since IMTX today.... 4hrs , 85.5 miles , IF .75 , first 3hrs done at .72 , last hour done at .85 , 3 mile brick run after @ EP....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/334900626

Longrun Tomorrow and I'm going to start doing them split AM/PM .....
  • Options
    93 miles myself today, lots of front- and back-end admin mileage to/from my loop, so the overall IF was a little low at .69ish. Good tx heat, but low humidity and low wind for once. No run tho.

I'm gonna start splitting my long runs too, mostly because two hours on a dreadmill at one time is all I can stand!!
  • Options
    90 miles in South Georgia today. Felt surprisingly good. I went to my grandson's 4th birthday party, then made it back out the door for a 5 mile run. Great day!
  • Options
    3 hour ride today and everything feels good. I think I have recovered from HIM MT and am ready to work.
  • Options
    You know you're training for long course when it takes half of your 3 hour ride to "warm up". First half was slow and easy, thankfully, but the way back home was FUN!!
  • Options
    @Scott ... nice weekend of work! OH and we finally got our heat and humidity in NH ! Yea.....

@William... way to get back after it.. the full will be here soon! 5 weeks of good training left before tapertime

@Paul... well the volume king!

Today was my first day with split runs... AM 90 min , 11 miles , 8.5 easy and I mean easy EP+30 , last 3.5 hard pretty close to MP , PM 30 min 3.7 miles EP

• Options
    WOW! Everyone is really kicking it into high gear! Fantastic work group!

I did 3 hours of riding in the hills of Montgomery County Maryland yesterday followed by 80 miles of riding in Shenandoah National Park (including Skyline drive) today with over 7500 feet of climbing. I'm TOAST! But in a good way. Just finished celebrating with a round (or two) of margaritas, so I guess I'm Toast and Toasted! :-) Head back to the flat lands of OBX tomorrow where I'll do a nice recovery swim. WHEW!