Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMOU WKO thread July 15-21

Started the week at the YMCA for 2500 yds in the pool and 4 miles on the TM. Noticed that all the wko's are now marked "important" with the red "!"  Guess they all count now!!

Comments

• Options

Yeah, I guess 'play time' is over!  That being said, I've been throwing in rest days every 8-10 days or so to keep myself from burning out.  That's worked well for me so far.  I'm pretty sure I'll take a day early next week to recover from this weekend's RR. Happy training, everybody!

• Options
    I highly agree with Kate - take the rest days when you feel you need them - missing a few training days won't kill you, but getting hurt because your body is in a bad place is a very different matter. I use the days off to work on my core, stretch and use the foam roller for a while.

Ok - off for 45 minute run....
  • Options
    On the topic of rest days, I had a bad RR Saturday that I'm attributing to cumlative fatigue and job stress. I called the bike at 4:30 (and no run) after significantly less IF and significantly more PE than a usual Saturday pace pace+ ride. I've taken three days totally off (Sun/Mon/Tue) and I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow morning. As the wife and I are off to Prague on Friday for a week, I'm hoping to get a few good swim/bike workouts in later this week before flying out. It will be all running / stationary bike while in Europe.

Welcome to the group JT and looking forward to seeing you in the Ville.

Keep on it everyone!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone!! Louisville Bound Peeps!! I hope everyone is feeling great and getting excited! I can't wait to meet each and every one of you!!
    Rickie Richey and I are feeling great and working the plan.. The 6 hour ride and 1 hour Run/RR this weekend is just creeping up on us! We have been pretty lucky this week as the humidity has been less that a billion percent. Hope Saturday is similar!!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

kc
  • Options
    @ KC -- I've been dragging a bit these past few days ... but jsut reading your post completely re-energized me image
  • Options
    Don't you get down Kate!! We've got this!! Dragging is normal honey!! It's been a long several months!! Don't forget what the coaches and Roy said..
    Take a day when you need a day!!

kc
  • Options
    Is anyone doing the "Big Tri Week" plan this week?
  • Options
    Didn't realize that was an option this week. i'm sticking w/ doing my RR this weekend. This week's been brutal at work and I had to bail on this AM's run so I hope to get back in the groove on Saturday :o
  • Options
    I'm in for the RR this weekend - planning 3000m in pool, century ride and then hour run - followed by collapsing.....these races always sound good a year in advance!
  • Options
    South Alabama Peeps are doing 6 hour ride and 1 hour run.. No swim on our plan...
    Good luck to every one... and as always.. HAVE FUN!

kc
  • Options
    Kate, I am so sorry for your tire malfunctions! Way to stay positive and reschedule!!
    Good RR day for South Alabama team.. Relaxing with compression pants and enjoying the thoughts of funny conversations during the day!!

kc
  • Options
    Ok - Race Rehersal in books - not perfect but pretty good. Did 3000M of swimming in Triathlon training group taught by ITU World Champ Simon Lessting - at least someone has to be in the slow lane and that's me. Then did 83m on the bike. Had to cut it short due to double flat. Still had a great ride in the Colorado Mts. Got in 6900 ft of climbing as rode up to Rocky Mt. National Park - Maxed out at 9150ft. Just a beautiful ride - even if it did have a 20+mile climb. Then did a 7mile run in 1:01.....Really beat.....Tell me why I have up golf????
  • Options

Radar image of the nasty t-storm that I narrowly missed. Was hoping to ride another hour but decided against it when the sky turned black! Threw the bike in the car and slammed the door shut about 5 seconds before the storm hit!

Still a solid ride!