Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Lets see your party dress!

Notice the double redundant cockpit computers, plus I will be wearing my 310XT.  Right aerobar has my Power Gears to remind me not to be STUPID!

Frontal view is pretty clean - not too much clutter although I am riding with the SpeedFill brick on my frame.  I use it not for aero, but I really like the feed system.

For those not so well fitting Aid Station water bottles I have a simple solution.....

Using a hair tie attached to the cage, I hook it over the spout to hold in in place and avoid launching and loosing my hydration.  Works great on many different bottles.

Comments

• Options
    Oh Steve, she is just the right colour and looks like she is going to be a good fit. Can't wait for the prom pics.
  • Options
    I really like your zones posted on the aero bars! That is a great idea and i am going to steal it!
  • Options
    @ Jonathan - I use clear plastic laminate on both sides, leave 1/4" boarder, then tape it on with black tape. Water proof and Works great.
  • Options
    Nice. Try tririg front brake?
  • Options
    #1 - I like aid station water bottle solution. I need to steal your idea promptly, What are you using as the elastic cord?

#2 - interestingly enough, we have the same power gears.
  • Options
    @ Cary - they are simple elastic hair ties. Get a pack of them in the supermarket for $2. I keep an extra one or 2 looped on but slid back out of the way just in case I go thru a monster pothole and snap the bungie.

Nice job on the fantasy team... for a while I thougt you were going to take the EN win.
  • Options
    I think I might still have some of those hair ties from when my hair was longer than Nemo (not Nemo's Hair, Nemo in her entirety) back in the 80s and 90s.

And Fantasy TDF, it only maters if you wear the Maillot Jaune the day you ride into Paris. Fergus put together a better team.
  • Options
    @ Robin - those tririgs look great.... just not in the budget now.
  • Options
    @ Kar-Ming, love it. What is on the right bar?
  • Options

Here's my bike.   Just had her tuned up and placed new handlebar tape.   Didn't load for the other pic.

On the right aero bar extension are the mile markers for the hills.  On the right of the numbers, I wrote steep for the first section as well as a reminder for the rolling section after some of the climbs.  I tried it at another race and it was great as I could mentally prepare for the hills coming up.  

• Options
    Nice setup. Clean bar tape always make me feel faster too!