Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT Travel Tips

I thought it might be helpful to start a thread on travel tips and such so we can collect all those thoughts in one place.

I'll start with cellphones.  You seasoned travelers probably already know this, but just in case you didn't, there may be extra charges on your phone while used in Canada.  Be sure to check your cell phone plans before you head to Canada to see what charges might be incurred by using txt/data/minutes.  I'll basically be limiting my phone use to txts only while in Canada and will turn data off on my phone completely to avoid an unexpected bill!  Since the hotel I am in has free wifi, I figure I'll be able to use that to post pics and such to facebook or email family.

Also, I got the following driving instructions (from Montreal airport) from a friend that just did the 70.3 :

Grocery update from our 70.3 visit:

• In the pedestrian village, there is one small “grocery” that carries essentials, including some alcohol.  Not a big selection of stuff.
  • If you are looking for a full grocery, you’ll find that out on Rt 117, which is the main route into the area from Montreal.  When coming in from Montreal, the first of the three Mont Tremblant villages is “centre-village” – you do not want to take that exit (though you can).  Rather – go around the circle and continue straight – the exit that takes you to the pedestrian village, transition, etc., is Monte-Ryan.  For grocery, however, after passing around the circle at “centre-village”, continuing straight, about 200 yds past the circle on the right are two large grocery stores.  Stop there to load up on your food (if you did not bring any).  Also, be forewarned if you drive re: any border restrictions on bringing fresh foods in from the US.  Could not when flying, so I don’t know about driving.

Hope that helps!  Also, after you leave those grocers, continue north on 117 to Monte-Ryan exit.  Your last Starbucks (for those that care) is about ½ mile past the grocery stores on the right.  You won’t see another.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Lynne!
  • Options
    Hi everyone: Forgot about the group. I am still here. Nemo: Good thoughts on the phone. I would have forgotten :<( (Once got a 250.00 bill from a trip to Mexico! Did not see the driving directions above. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    David- I guess "Driving Directions" was a bit of an stretch. It's really the "Grocery update" with directions on how to get to the out of town grocery place