Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

Spectator Guide and run course

I am in the process of writing a spectator guide for IMLOU. I have some family and friends that are coming down and I really want them to have an enjoyable experience (i.e., see me a bunch of times ). It is mostly going to be maps of the course, schedules for the weekend, and my own little hints and suggestions I've picked up from spectating IMOO 3x, Kona, and IMLOU. I'm planning to have it completed mid-July and would be happy to share an electronic (PDF) or printed version w/ anyone else here. LMK if you're interested.

Also, if you have suggestions of things I should include or if you have done something similar already, I'd LOVE the feedback.

Does anyone know what the run course is going to be? I have heard they are removing the bridge out-and-back but haven't been able to find what the change will be to add the missing distance back onto the course. I'm presuming it will be something minor but the Ironman web site still has the old "bridge" course. The IMLOU FB page did confirm the finish is still going to be 4th St Live (debunking a Slowtwitch rumor from earlier this year).

Comments