Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Week 9 - Time to get to work

4am wakeup - grrr - many more in store the next several weeks...

Swim was encouraging this morning.  Avg pace for the 2500 (including 300 breast between warmup and after two of the 100 sprints) stayed @ 1:39/100yd.  My first 500TT in mid April was 1:43 pace IIRC.  #Workworks 

Comments

• Options
    @Jeff way to get things going on IMFL and nice improvement on your swim....Get these IMFL people fired up.... Headed to IMMT tomorrow to spectate and I'll be getting down to business for IMFL when I get back.... Have KONA 3 weeks before IMFL but treating that as a RR for IMFL ..... Wanna enjoy KONA and Race IMFL!
  • Options
    Thanks Tim -- I need the support and hoping I can give as good as I get. Very inspired to see you rebound so quickly!
  • Options

45' of FTP work in the morning - ACK!!!

EDIT - Ended up being 32' (10,12,10).  Better than nothing - will have to get my mental mojo for the trainer back soon.

• Options
    Long Runs are always better when it is 50f!

Hit my paces in what was my longest run since about a year ago (not enough 1+ runs during OS and GF plans -- my fault for cutting them short).

Calf sleeves are helping this afternoon.
  • Options
    @Jeff... getting ready to ramp it up.... finishing up race week here at IMMT with a day off tomorrow to watch the race... feeling pretty good and did quite a bit of training this week.... 9100yds swimming, 97 miles on the bike, 25 miles running....

My IMFL structure will probably be wierd trying to build back up with volume and intensity , fitting KONA in there....... Will stick to my long ride saturday and long run sunday for the most part.... mon and fri have been swim only days giving me 2 days off the legs.... tues and thurs are my shorter bikes with FTP one day V02 the other with short runs later in the day... and weds have been 3rd swim of the week with speed run wko's....
  • Options
    I like that plan better than the standard EN LR Thursday, LRide Saturday, ABP Sunday.

Much better Long Ride today. Last week was a disaster (bonkfest) of a big day so feeling better about things!

Solid 30' run to start then hit all the RP+ intervals at ~ 15W over what will likely be IM pace. Might have overdone the last hour as that went toward 85% as I had some fun on a few hills...