Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

Thursday Group Ride

Use this thread to discuss/organize a group rides Thursday, who's interested, where to meet, when etc. in advance of groupme.

If I were there Thur am, I would definitely ride from T1 again, this will be quite tricky with all the congestion and deserves one's attention.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tim, I will be in Whistler looking for a ride on Thursday. I also have another training friend (non EN) that will be up there looking to train as well. Are you considering doing the bike course, or shorter?
  • Options
    Will be doing own thing regarding bike.
  • Options
    Tim, I am not sure if I want to join the group ride, but wanted to ask if riding T1 to the village worth doing? That is the only section I didn't do when I was there a month ago. I was just going to ride from the village to Callaghan and back.
  • Options
    Yasko, I would suggest anyone who has not seen that section should consider at least driving it and keep in their mind how busy it may be combined with a pretty fast descent and 1-2 fairly technical curves. There will be people descending at all kinds of speeds and many will have to make some key decisions on their speed and line to be safe.
  • Options
    Thanks, Tim. I will ride the section.