Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP music playlist

Hmmm...I thought I had posted this, but I don't see it now. So...anyone know the music that was being played throughout the swim start? There were several songs to get everyone pumped, but I was in a daze and don't remember what they were. Thought it would be nice to download them.

Comments

• Options
    There was music other than the National Anthem prior to the race start? I was talking up a storm with everyone around me, and goofing off, anything to take my mind off what was about to happen.

Good Luck Kate.
    You might be able to get some ideas from some of the videos that people have of the race start on youtube.com
  • Options
    The only song I remember and have been able to hear on the videos of the start is by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and is called "Can't Hold Us".
  • Options

Haha, John! I barely remember the National Anthem! I do remember the Macklemore song. Just wondering. Usually they play "Beautiful Day," but I never heard that. Maybe I was in the water already. 

• Options
    Ok, the only song i can remember is Katy Perry's Wide Awake. Josie pointed it out that it is very fitting to what we are doing. And never every time i hear the song i think of Placid and the swim start. (we heard it in 2012 and 2013 at the swim start)