Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

The Official Ironman Florida Sign In Thread

Welcome to the Ironman Florida Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    okay so I also joined the "group".... what is the difference between this thread and the "group"... just wondering. (my bike pic is there).

Marianne Park, it will be my 10th Ironman, 3rd time in Florida. I love the beach! I will drive down from Arkansas.  

I have five kids (4 boys, 1 girl, two are at home) but they will all be in school so not with me. I teach 6 exercise classes/wk, am a League of American Bicyclist Instructor so give classes on the bike and work part time Saturdays at Chainwheel (bike shop).

I DO NOT HAVE LODGING SECURED SO IF ANY FEMALE NEEDS A ROOMIE, LET ME KNOW! or if there is a group condo, etc.

m

• Options
    OK - I'm game

3rd year with EN - having done Muncie in 2011 and Augusta in 2012 I finally succumb to the pressure (joking mostly) to do my first 140.6. Being a larger guy and not strong on the bike, despite Madison being so close, I opted for the flat roads of FL to earn my first (perhaps only) IM finish.

I have a challenging work schedule (don't we all) and have a 1:10 commute daily to Chicago which means many an early wake-up. As those on FB know, I have a 10 YO daughter who swims competitively and a wife that is VERY supportive. With swim meets not really cranking back up until November the timing of IMFL will be perfect. Parents will be coming down to cheer me on along with my wife and daughter.
  • Options
    This is my first year with EN. This will also be my first IM. I have been racing short course all summer and just finished up my last race yesterday. Training with EN has help me improve my time by 7 mins in the particular series I do in Charleston, SC.

Married to my high school sweet heart and we have a 7 yr old little boy and a 3 yr old little girl. Fortunately, my family schedule is very flexible and allows me time to train. I own and operate 4 broiler chicken houses. I typically work about 2 hrs or less per day there and there rest of the time is spent at home with my kids, playing Mr. Mom if my wife is working. She is a flight nurse and works 24hr shifts. I live in a rural area so the roads are rough and training partners few and far between.

For the trip to FL I have a small entourage tagging along. My wife and kids of course, my own personal massage therapist (whom happens to be my Aunt), and my best friend to take pictures of all the Team EN members as they race.

Look forward to meeting the team in FL.
  • Options
    ok late to the party....3rd yr on EN....just finished LP a few weeks ago.....maried w/2 sons (25 & 28).....both sons and a nephew will be racing with us @ FL....we're staying @ laketown wharf......both sons are pretty hardcore tri guys with Dad coming to the party a few yrs ago and wife started last yr....older son holds a pro card so he plays with the big dogs....wife is short course speed demon specializing in sprint distance....i'm heading to London in a few weeks to sherpa for her and older son @ short course world's....

I took a couple weeks planned downtime after LP and began ramping back up training this past weekend....did some z4 mile repeats last nite ...ouch....will do a 30k TT tomorrow for a glimpse of my bike power heading into the FL build.....then will race an oly this wkend...then back to the EN plan with 10 weeks to go
  • Options
    3rd year EN, IMFL should be my 8th IM and second IMFL , Competing in KONA 3 weeks before IMFL but going to save my RACE for Florida. Be racing the M50-54AG and my girlfriend Heather will be with me and Racing her 3rd IM and 2nd Florida. Look forward to virtually training with and then meeting all of you.
  • Options
    2nd year EN 1st IM. Goal is to make it across the finish line in one piece!
  • Options
    Second year with EN with this being my first IM.  Went down last year and volunteered so I wouldn't have to try sign up online. Five people from my local tri group are signed up for the race and one of those is a fellow EN member and training partner.  I have a thirteen year old daughter and a very understanding wife.
  • Options
    Second year with EN. Second Ironman. Had a DNF at Coeur d' Alene in 2012. I was pulled off the bike course at last time cut off about 2 miles from the finish. Missed it by 10 minutes. Worst day of my athletic life. The bike is my weakest element so picked Florida to avoid the hills. Got a new bike, proper fit and comfortable saddle. No longer weak on the bike!!!
    I am married with 4 kids (2 step/2 of my own) ages 17, 15, 9 all girls and the lone boy 12.
    My husband and I will be in Florida, the kids in school.
    I'm determined to get this FINISH!!!
  • Options
    MaryAnn,
    I have a 2 bedroom condo in Panama City Beach close to race venue. It's just my hubby and I if you throw in a few bucks, please stay with us.
    Gretchen Ruff
  • Options

Hi ya'll, first year with EN and hopefully IMFL will be my 8th IM. Completed IMLOU last month but certainly not the race I was hoping for after taking a hard spill 2 miles into the bike. Its been difficult getting back into training with a sore shoulder, hip and road rash but hoping this forum will provide some needed inspiration. Looking forward to meeting everyone Florida.

• Options

I will be there to volunteer and sign up for 2014 !

• Options
    First year with EN and first IM. Married with 4 kids, including a 3 month old. Finding time to train has been interesting....there are lots of very, very early mornings (like most people in EN, I'd imagine).
  • Options

Since I just found this thread....I was wondering why there was nothing on the community forum.

This is my first year with EN.  My wife and I competed in a relay during Augusta 70.3 in 2012 and were hooked.  We bought bikes last December and have worked on tri fitness and general racing.  I have done two halfs and figured what the heck...jump feet first into IMFL.  I absolutely stink at swimming and hoping to be able to doggy paddle to swim finish.  Overall goal is to cross the finish line...whatever it takes.

I am married with 5 daughters.  

• Options
    @Jerry-I'll swim with you! ;-) I considered at one becoming a duathlete lol.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you too, Jerry! I'm a terrible swimmer. I'll be doing the happy dance once I get out of the water and can finally get on with the best part of the race. image
  • Options
    Brian and Jamie,

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. Whew!!!! We can form an EN swim triangle and all doggy paddle together.
  • Options
    Wassup Team!! I am still on the fence about IMFL. I only just started training again in September, with my longest ride being 50 miles last weekend and my longest run currently at 8 miles. No swimming at all as the shoulder doesn't move so well. I am likely a race weekend decision, but already know this one will be about participation, not pure speed. Can't wait to see you guys there!!!
  • Options
    Hi all, first year with EN. Second IM, DNF IM Saint George in 2011. First time using ironman perform, taste through me off and stomach cramped up hard on the bike. Finally dropped out 3 miles into the run. Looking forward to redemption at IMFL. I have a wife and 13 year old daughter. They will be there to cheer me on.

Please put me down for the doggy paddle group.
  • Options
    I'm coming with my family to spectate and cheer all of you on. Hope to meet up for post race at Mellow Mushroom!
  • Options
    New to EN , have been doing triathlon for 4 years. First IM will be Florida. Started this to treat diabetes , currently under control. Looking forward to meeting all of y'all .
  • Options
    New to EN , have been doing triathlon for 4 years. First IM will be Florida. Started this to treat diabetes , currently under control. Looking forward to meeting all of y'all .
  • Options

Hi everyone! This will be my 16th IM, first IMFL -- to be closely followed by IMAZ 2 weeks after. Planning to focus more on ultrarunning after these two races, so my plan is to enjoy every moment!

• Options
    Hi folks. Looking forward to seeing you all in Florida. I have a new shiny red EN visor and I am 6'5", so you'll probably spot me lumbering around with my wife, 3 kids (10, 7, 5), and new dog in tow. We're driving from Pennsylvania so we all probably be insane by the time we hit the beach. You've been warned.

IMFL will be my 2nd IM. EN got me through my first one (Lake Placid in 2011) and I beat my super duper stretch goal time of 12 hours coming in at 11:49. I owe it all to the wisdom of the 4 keys and the laws of EN race execution! I took a year off from IM and came back to the team a few months ago to prep for IMFL.

Now that taper time is here I don't know what to do with myself so I've taken up growing facial hair. We'll see if that lasts.

See you in PCB!
  • Options
    This is my 2nd year with EN. This will be my 2nd full IM attempt. I was involved in a bike crash just over 70 miles into IMST in 2011 which rendered my bike un-ridable, The guy who hit me also or i would have taken his. I have a busy work schedule but get plenty of time off if im not getting called in. Which lately happens weekly. I live only with my dog who is very supportive of everything i do. Mojo has been low lately so my training has suffered, but ill be giving the race all i have.
    See all of you in Panama City...