Homeโ€บ Community Forum ๐Ÿ 
Options

Is anyone else diggin' the FirstName_LastName thing?

Sooo nice to once again live in a world of real people with real names image

Comments

• Options
    OK, I'll admit I do like the real name thing. Some folks will always be Stinkyhelmet, Noodle, Wiggles, or Lakerfan to me, but it is nice to be able to follow folks on race day or hook up with them on Facebook or in the real world because I know their real name.

And I know Rich, you'll always prefer to call me Helen, but I've had the nickname "Nemo" since before EN and I plan on keeping it.image
  • Options
    In my world (Navy Pilots) we use a lot of call signs. Not in the geeky TopGun way but it's a way to be informal and break down barriers quickly. So I'm perfectly comfortable calling someone "Sheriff" or "Vapor" or whatever, but if Da Haus wants to use Fname Lname it's all good.
  • Options
    It is a good thing to recognize everyone by there real name.
  • Options
    I love it! Thanks for all your hard work during the cutover!
  • Options

Posted By Rich Strauss on 14 Nov 2009 08:22 AM
    Sooo nice to once again live in a world of real people with real names image

Agreed! Love it!
  • Options
    On our end, between forum names, whack email addresses, and people not "signing" emails, it can be frustrating to literally not know who you are talking to.
  • Options
    I just like to see pictures of Rich.
  • Options
    FirstN, lastN is just fine. I have used Devlon online for a long time. When in internet forums I always try to sign with my first name with any post and my full name is in my profile.

Gordon
  • Options
    I'm also glad we had that little "transition" period back in EN 3.0 a while back where folks would put "aka OldScreenName" in their sig. That helped a lot to keep connecting the dots!
  • Options

LUV using the real names! Thanks - very helpful.

• Options
    Count me in. I like the real names.
  • Options
    I'm in for real names too!
  • Options
    I kinda like "Vapor"!! okay real names are good...so now when we say Good Cop, we gotta say Patrick and Bad Cop = Rich?? so no more coding huh??! hmmm.
  • Options
    Does that mean I need to change mine back?
  • Options

Posted By - - on 14 Nov 2009 08:39 PM
    I kinda like "Vapor"!! okay real names are good...so now when we say Good Cop, we gotta say Patrick and Bad Cop = Rich?? so no more coding huh??! hmmm.

Oh no- we all know who Good Cop and Bad Cop are!!! And if you don't, you figger it out FAST! image

BTW Marianne- your name isn't showing- you may want to update your profile
  • Options
    I really like seeing everyone's real names - thanks for the change!
  • Options
    Love it even though it is my Witness Protection Name!!