Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Floyd's back....sort of.

Comments

• Options

That's pretty funny.  Would be nice to see Floyd back on the circuit this year.  Although I wouldn't miss having to look at thos @ss-ugly Rock Racing kits...

• Options
    i find it very interesting that no one has picked him up. my guess is that it has to do with politics and the fact he pissed off too many people by taking the UCI and WADA to the rack in court, then in a book. any team picking him up really risks being left off the roster of the major races purely because of his affiliation. i'd love to see him line it up against the best again. what would their doping ban look like if he won the Tour and tested clean the whole time?
  • Options

The only problem is...he can't go to France or he'll be arrested!

A French judge has issued an arrest warrant for Landis on charges of computer hacking.  Apparently they think he hired some geeks to hack into the lab's computers to get documents.

More here: news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10453466-83.html

Mike

• Options
    the mystery deepens...
  • Options

Love the Cat 3 breakaway form. Man, couple years out of the pro peloton and all his style is gone.

• Options
    I really want to believe the guy, but........

Not sure about the tone of the article, maybe "bitter" would be a good word image

tom
  • Options
    i love the guy. he doesn't take crap from anyone and has no problem challenging what he sees as wrong---whether it's another rider or major cycling organization. i think his court case helped the drug testing issues in cycling as now these organizations have to have better scientific evidence vs. the old "i think your dirty, therefore you are". his approach isn't that great for a cycling career though as he's labeled and a huge risk for a team. hell, just his name associated with a team would probably keep the team from entrance into the tour. if you don't challenge the UCI or WADA, you get picked up as soon as your ban is gone like hamilton and others.

the arrest warrant pretty much guarantees that he won't be riding the tour this year. it would be pretty hard to descend in handcuffs and climbing Alpe D'Huez in shackles would require a major FTP and w/kg. i wish lance didn't hold a grudge. i think floyd could definitely pull him up some hills in the tour.....or does floyd hold the grudge?
  • Options
    I was just finishing reading his book, "Positively False" (got it for $5), about his TdF doping, when the articles came up about him being wanted in France for questioning about the hacking. Timing!