Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Flying into Seattle on Thursday June 26, 2014 at noon if someone needs a ride to CdA

Flights from Houston to Spokane are pure garbage so I decided to fly into Seattle.  Cheaper and more convenient flights but there's the whole 4:30 drive to/from CdA that's gonna suck but whatever.

If anyone needs a ride from Seattle to CdA that afternoon let me know.  The rental car is a Prius so I don't have a ton of space but I can probably get another person or two + luggage in there.  Definitely no bikes.

Comments

• Options
    Why not Southwest from Hobby to Vegas and Vegas to Spokane? I flew Tampa to Vegas/Vegas to Spokane without issue.
  • Options
    The options on SWA from Hobby to Spokane go through Denver or Phoenix.  It would get very pricey doing a one way from Hobby to Vegas + a one way from Vegas to Spokane.

The best options from a scheduling perspective on SWA to Spokane (also the cheapest) have 8 hours of travel time to and 7 hours back plus 45 minutes drive to/from CdA.  So let's call it 9 hours and 8 hours.  It's a little more than 4 hours direct on United to Seattle plus the 4:30 drive.  So total travel time is almost a wash and the United flight is $200 cheaper.  Yes, gas costs will be more but that's why I rented a Prius. 

Plus it's far more convenient for me to fly out of the Bush Intercontinental (the big Houston airport) than Hobby. 

The 4:30 drive back from CdA to Seattle the Tuesday after the race is gonna suck but I drove from PCB, FL back to Houston two days after IMFL in 2010 and that was 11 hour drive.
  • Options
    Dropping in from Vegas the 25th  not sure if illl rent a car or hve my niece pick me up there......they host me for the few day pre race and a few days after..they have a great spread and cabin right on the bike/run coarse..very convient and such a change of life from living in vegas
  • Options
    Flights are pricey right now from Atlanta to Spokane @ $624! I'm using points and keep waiting for delta to drop the price but it's only gone up on me. Trying to do CDA on the cheap has been tough!
  • Options
    Steven...that bites. Hate Delta. I just bought 2 roundtrip, nonstop tickets from Tampa to Seattle for $676 total. That was an introductory price from Alaskan Air since they are starting the nonstop service this summer. I am doing the Lake Stevens 70.3 in Aug. i expect to repeat the Boise 70.3 and IMCDA in the future and will probably have to pay a lot more. I hope the prices drop for you.