Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Los Cabos
Options

2014 IM Los Cabos Official Introductory Thread

Welcome to the IM Los Cabos Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Well ...... anybody else other than me racing IMLC??? Hope to see lots of NEW RED EN UNIFORMS on race day!!!
  • Options
    From what Coach R says, he thinks there should be up to 8 people. I hope so.
  • Options

I'm in --Eric Blakie from UK---from the nice comfoting cold with frozen bottles to the heat of Mexico ---at least my gels will be liquid enough to swallow without too much effort !!

• Options

By theway I still don't get this 'junior' member stuff ---been in EN since 2006 I think !!

• Options
    @Eric, looking forward to meet. My wife and I will be staying at Cabo Azul hotel and using the services of Endurance Sport Travel.
  • Options
    Juan we are I think at the Best Westin but I'll confirm later.My wife is called Dot---and she's a veteran supporter of about 25 ironman races---shes passed on a few !!
  • Options
    Just lurking here. Los Cabos is on the to-do list some year. Gotta go to England this summer to show my daughter where she was born (East Anglia).
  • Options
    Hi - I'm in for Los Cabos - This may be a 100% indoor prep for me in Michigan... looking forward to the warmth!
  • Options

Juan we are at the Westin Los Cabos----(624)142 9000 arriving on 22nd

Eric

• Options
    Arriving In LC on the 24th, Cabo Azul Hotel.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if fedex/ups can courier nutrition stuff (gels, cliff blocks, salt sticks) into Mexico.
    Should it not be possible wonder if any of you coming from the US might do me the huge favor of carrying for me? (I would have it delivered to your address and it would not be a huge order: a dozen gels, a few cliff blocks, 1 salt stick container) image
  • Options

Jaun - If needed, I will be your mule... :-)

• Options
    Tks much Rich. Will do my best not to bother you ..... but it's good to know I have a Plan-B.
    When are you arriving in LC? We will be at Costa Azul hotel as of the 24th.
  • Options
    I'm staying at the Hola grand Faro - arriving on Thursday. Try to get as close to finish line as possible... so I can stumble to bed ! :-)
  • Options
    Guys, FYI I have signed up to the - highly recommended within EN - ENDURANCE SPORTS TAVEL package (without hotel given I have selected a different hotel). More info in their website below:
    http://endurancesportstravel.com/
  • Options

Does anyone have a garmin file for the new bike course at Cabo (or better yet - a ComputTrainer course file)? I'm trying to build a CT course for practice... Thanks!

• Options
    Guys, anybody wants to join us (me and my wife) for early dinner on Friday evening at LA FORCHETTA (across the street from Cabo Azul hotel). I always pick the best possible Italian restaurant for the Friday's BIG DINNER and this one has been highly recommended.
    I suspect it will fill up quite quickly so pls confirm ASAP to adjust reservation accordingly.
    http://www.laforchetta.com.mx/english/
  • Options

Juan count my wife Dot and I in.-------CheersEric

• Options
    Done Eric. Reservation adjusted accordingly.
    Anybody else joining us???
  • Options
    FYI: exchanged emails with the locals at Los Cabos regarding wind and disk versus open wheel.
    According to them, march is usually VERY windy and recommend open wheel.
    I use wheel covers so have the option for either or but wanted to let you all know.
    See you all soon.