Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Week 10 … 11 To Go

Since I'm out of town without a bike this weekend … and since it was in the upper 60s, sunny today … I did the Saturday bike workout. 4 hours, 100 minus worth of "Race Pace Plus" intervals @ 75-80%. I forgot to reset my Joule to reflect my new FTP. So instead of hitting the intervals @ 79-80%, which is what the Joule showed, I was actually going 0.75-0.765 - within the range, but I had thought I was working so hard! Well, room to grow in, at least.

Comments

• Options
    Hi All! Thanks for putting this together! I also just jumped in form the Get Faster Plan and found last week's first specific IM training tough. I completed all the workouts, but I suffered. Still too cold to get on to the road, so did my long rides on the trainer watching the Paris-Roubais and Breaking Bad on Netflix - 220 km of it. Better weather coming this week, so I will hopefully get outside. Thanks for the posts - it helps to see everyone's pain! Have fun!
  • Options

Trying to cram seven days of training into four never works. I end up doing two swims this week, a long bike and an interval bike so far, and then 4 short runs as part of the marathon hack. I'll see tomorrow after my second swim if I can handle another longish bike or not. My Training Stress Balance (TSB) was down @ - 31 this morning. I usually do best between -12 and -24.  It showed when I tried to do the bike intervals - I was only able to handle about 50% of the total work time planned. It would be nice to run the marathon on Monday with at TSB of at least zero … F/S/S will see maybe 30 total TSS points, so I might get there.

• Options
    This is my first real week on the IM plan. So far so good. The bike interval yesterday was pretty freakin hard. I have never done the 5' 110% sets before, I blew up on the last one. Today's long run was good, not quite as intense as the tough weeks of the HIM plan, however, I am really scared of the 2.5 hour runs in my future.
  • Options
    Hi Guys!
    Just got back from our cabin. I knew the long bikes would be a problem with family Easter plans, but I threw my Mt. bike in the van anyway. Woke up on Saturday and tried out the ice on the lake. It was absolutely beautiful! The ice had a frost on it that gripped the tires perfectly and I was able to get 40 km down the lake! Turned out to be one of the best rides ever! Perfect stillness and mountains I have not seen in years! Did the ride again this morning before heading home. Now contemplating the Big Day on Sat - a few nerves - more about the cold getting out of the pool and biking. Hey, are we really testing again next week? It's only been a few weeks from the last one! Good luck this week everyone!
  • Options
    Here's the latest on my journey toward IMCDA -- http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/15223/Default.aspx

Discouraging to say the least!