Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

My New Road Ride with Di2

I think the Di2 system is FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE.  Roads were not good (snowing) so I'll let everyone know how I like on a longer ride.

Comments

• Options

Very Nice!!!

I got to try out the Di2 a few weeks ago and it is awesome.   What really sold me was the way that it adjust the trim of the front derailer when you shifted the rear.

Now that you have another amazing bike, I'm going to have to work even harder to stay on your wheel this year!

• Options
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NICE Trent, Enjoy riding it!!!
  • Options
    Trent,

So did the front deraileur shift well under load with those cranks? I've been wondering how well Di2 would do as I ride rotor rings and know that the ramps for DA are superior but if it shifts well with rotors then I might need a Di2 setup for the TT bike.

Beautiful bike. Which model Pinarello is it? I almost bought one in October (Prince) but ended up getting a Ridley Dean and converting my Guru Crono to my roadie. Again...Beautiful.

Vince
  • Options

Vince,  yea this is what I was worried about most going with the Di2 but still trying to use my Rotor Cranks that were on the Tri bike.  My LBS said this would be the test for Di2 as even with regular Ultegra or Dura Ace components I had a lot of adjustment to get to work properly with the Rotor Cranks, but the Di2 was fine with it.  Maybe a little slower shifting for the front than the DA they had set up on another bike there but nothing I think I would notice on the road.  I still am in amazement on how it cannot be fooled with any combination of shifting.  Can't wait to try out on the climbs at the TOC.

• Options

Good to know Trent. Thanks. Looks like I will start shopping for the TT setup then. I have Rotor Rings to get over my left leg "deadspot" at the top and will also likely switch to 170 from 172.5 to further help with my left leg "issues" along with rotor rings.  Is the wiring all external?

Vince

• Options
    That's one sweet rig! Makes me think I need a nice summer race bike instead of my one & only winter hack frame with mud-guard eyelets etc! All the money gone on the TT bike for now..................
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    DROOOOOOOOL!!
  • Options
    Damn fine bike indeed! Combined with your strong engine that thing is going to set the road on fire. Have fun!
  • Options
    Stunning bike that really adds to the house decor!! Love the paint job on the handlebars. I'm going to have to avoid testing Di2 or I'll have to have it.