Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Start time for Thursday run

What time do you start your Thursday run? I have to get up at 2:30 AM to finish in time.

Comments

• Options
    usually i start around 330 -4 depending what i have going on at work...im usually up around 2am just dinking around and getting my head on straight
  • Options
    4:30 for me! I woke up 3 minutes ago!
  • Options

@Chris: Do you wake up that early because of kids? If so, the wife and I are going to have to reconsider our future plans image

• Options
    I need to leave the house for work around 6:30. everything works backward from there. So
    30 min to get kids up, dressed and somewhat ready for school. My kids are 6 & 8

45 min to get myself ready, talk to the wife and fix my lunch

15 min to recover from a hard workout, elevate feet and just exist.

1:50:00 scheduled run

30 min to wake up, get ready and make needed bathroom stops

Add that all up and 2:30 it is.

The kids only add 30 min.
  • Options
    I start the run at 5pm. I know it's not recommended but the cost of getting up every Thursday at 3am is far greater than half a day less of recovery before the weekend.
  • Options
    I agreewith Doug. I spent 40 yrs in my professional life being up in the middle of the night once a week. Not something I want to do for fun.
  • Options
    x3 what Doug said
  • Options
    whoa that is early! I'm barely asleep by then! I started at 6:30 pm last night....I know it's recommended to do the run in the morning but it doesn't work well for me.