Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

First Ride Post Camp

In the coaches notes for today's ride (wk 16) they put stated something like for those that did camp week try and complete the FTP work. I'm thinking to myself, "shoot, why wouldn't I be able to complete a little FTP work?" Whoa... That was a lot harder than I anticipated! I struggle to maintain an overall IF of .810. Guess camp week is no joke.

Comments

• Options
    I hear ya! I think my afternoon run yesterday took more out of me than I thought it would. I also struggled to get this mornings ride done - managed a .884 IF and didn't even attempt any of the optional 110% sets. My run afterward was a joke...barely got out of zone 1.

I will tell you this - this was my first FTP session with the powermeter on the bike & it's a game changer. I only "thought" I was working hard before!!

Hopefully I can get some rest tonight & tomorrow before my RR!
  • Options

I went into my RR last week very fatigued. I was a little worried about it in fact. But the coaches want you fatigued, notice there is no let down in the volume or intensity of the previous workouts prior to RR's. 

The Joule should be there today. Message me when you get it. I am a little worried about the packing it was sent in.