Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Quassy W/O 5/19/14- 2 Weeks to Go! Taper Baby!

Ready to taper! Wooohoooo!

Comments

• Options
    Same here Kim!
  • Options
    Sorry just getting here... Been a little pre-occupied with IMTX.

Is anyone doing the Quassy OLY?
  • Options
    Had a good RR last weekend. Plan to do an OWS this weekend to try to prepare for that cold water!
  • Options
    @tim I am doing both.

@kim what is this taper thing you talk about :)

If it is not in your list make sure to bring sun tan lotion
  • Options
    Simon- I work for Banana Boat so I'll be sure to bring extra sunscreen!
  • Options
    Kim brings sunscreen, Simon brings wine. We are going to have one heck of a day no matter what. :-)
  • Options
    So this isn't very taper-esque but I did a 10k TT tonight. I didn't do my bike test when it was in the plan a couple of weeks ago so this was it. I wasn't really sure what to expect. I haven't been focusing as much as I should on FTP intervals and have been mostly "just riding" to get in mileage. Plus the crappy weather had me doing more spin classes than I would have liked. But, on the other hand, I have gotten nice bumps in previous years just swtiching to outside. Not so much this year. Lost 2 watts on the VO2 but picked them up on the FTP. I think I went out a touch too hard. Still 7 watts below LY (but on different bike) and 5 pounds up. Now if I could flip-flop that, I'd be a happy girl.

It is what it is and it was a good workout anyway! Plenty of time to get some more w/kg before Timberman in Aug.! Swim tomorrow...

How is everyone else doing???
  • Options
    Looking forward to Quassy, but I really want to do an open water swim this weekend to prepare. It seems like forever since I swam outside.

Also I was hoping that the weather was going to be good for us, but it looks like it may be warm. Last year was really hot so I'm hopeful that its cooler than that. Those hills were tough, but the heat was worse especially since we weren't used to the summer yet. Everyone except Tim who cranked out a great OLY after the IMTX. He thrives in the heat. Looks like he'll knock it out again this year. Impressive.
  • Options
    @kim that is awesome.
    @ Larry I do have some spare wine after the wine festival. I was able to taste a 62 Haut a Brion and 1928 Calon Segur. They were both drinking quite well for there age.
  • Options
    Results from TT: 19:40

Last year's best was 19:27. (First TT last year was 21:04.) Last year was a short course only year so my focus was FTP stuff, no terrible considering I guess. I'll do another in June and see how we make out....

What is interesting is that the first TT last year had the highest watts. So if I can ride faster with less watts, that's a good thing, right? (Maybe the tri bike was a good investment after all!)
  • Options

Nice work Kim!!

Can't believe Quassy is one week from tomorrow! Time flies when your having fun, right?? I am really looking forward to meeting my fellow teammates!! This week my goal is to follow plan and keep calm. I tend to start to over think things....Need to stay relaxed!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend of training! I think the next few days of warm weather will warm up our water image WOOHOO!! 

Couple of logistical questions....team swim is at 12:00 Saturday......lunch is at 1:00 at Maggie McFly's and mandatory meeting is at 3:00. Is restaurant close enough to get to all of this?  Is the mandatory meeting really mandatory? As a newbie I should go, but just wondering if they check your name off ect.....

Thanks!!

• Options
    Laura- the restaurant is about 5-10 mins from Quassy. Timing will be tight, but the mandatory meeting isn't really mandatory, but never hurts.

I had a great swim yesterday so feeling good about that. My swim training has been about once per week, with no speed work but I'm getting faster. Weeeiirrddd.

We had a memorial weekend party today so no training. I'm off on the plan but I'm not sweating it. I'm doing the thurs. run tomorrow, and the sat. Bike on Mon.