Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Quassy Team Lunch - Saturday, May 31 2014

Hello Team EN!  I am organizing this year's team lunch for our group on Saturday, May 31.  The goal is to find a time after the Oly so finishers can attend and refuel and so our HIM racers can fill up prior to bike check in.  

I tentatively booked Maggie McFly's for 1pm and can move it +/- 1hr if need be.  We hope that time will work for most, and of course, family members are welcome and encouraged to attend also.   Although not a private room, we will have the majority of the dining area reserved for us so we can feel free to move about the room and socialize.

There is a nice fixed price luncheon menu to choose from - you can view it here and select what you want. We will be selecting from the Specialty Luncheon Menu for $11.99 per person + tax/tip.  Drinks (fountain, juice, coffee, tea) are all $2.75 each.  All are free refills except juice. There is a VEGETARIAN option and the manager is looking into whether this is actually VEGAN.  For vegetarian or vegan, if this does not work for you, please let me know and we'll see what we can work out with the restaurant. 

http://www.maggiemcflys.com/ordereze/Files/PartyMenuOptionsW.pdf

Please RSVP to the EN Event Sheet.  

More to come...stay tuned for placing orders and payment information.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds good. Thanks for organizing! Do you know if we will be able to pick from the other lunch menu ?that has more sandwich options as well?
  • Options

@Kim, I personally don't see a problem with ordering from both luncheon menus.  The manager suggested sticking with one so everyone pays the same price, but if we are setting something up ahead of time to pay a group account and then I/we/EN pay the restaurant all in one check, makes no difference to me what each individual pays.  I'll get those details squared away, but at least it sounds like you've found something you'd like to eat, which is good - and the prices are very reasonable.  

• Options
    Antoinette- finding something I like is never an issue. Lol. Just want to make sure I don't eat anything too heavy/spicy/fried the day before the race and I know sandwiches can be a good alternative.

Hoping I can get the wife to come. Even found something she'll eat!
  • Options

How do I RSVP?

• Options

In the original post of this thread, there is a link to the Team EN Event Sheet.  

It can also be found in the Super duper Admin Thread.

• Options

Hey Quassy ENers,

I am looking for a volunteer to replace me as the Quassy Race Captain.  Due to a change in plans, my 4 kiddos will be tagging along all weekend with my husband.  In-laws were going to be there to help, but they are now going to be away the whole weekend and my husband has an unexpected knee surgery between now and then and will need help herding the kids, so my attention will be focused elsewhere.  I owe it to the team to ask for a replacement so you all get the proper Race Captain support you need for a Key Race.  

I have made the reservation for the team luncheon and am happy to pass on any details.  I will post this also in the Quassy Team Lunch Thread.  Volunteers, please contact Brenda Ross. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

• Options
    I am happy to jump in and take over race captain for this race.
  • Options

Hi Simon!

I am planning to come to the lunch on Saturday but unfortunately there is nothing on the menu that I can eat . I am gluten free/vegan. Is there a way I could order something off the menu possibly? Or just join you all for the company? Just let me know what I should do, I would be happy to call the restaurant to find out if they have something.   Thanks!!

• Options
    @ Laura I plan to follow up with restaurant this week. I will follow up with you once I have spoken with those folks.
  • Options

@Simon, if I can manage it, I'd like to stop by and at least meet some of the team members, but don't plan to eat with the bunch. 

• Options
    @ Antoinette that makes complete sense to me