Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

IM Canada-- week 13

Hope everyone is feeling good and getting the workouts in. My legs are defenitely starting to feel fatigued, even zone 2 running is starting to feel like a challenge at times. Was able to get the bike and run in this morning. Especially the run was nice. Was able to run with Melissa again, her first run back after her bike crash 10 days ago. I'm proud of her for the way she got through all of last week dealing with road rash, concussion and other pains from the fall and bouncing back this week and getting it done again. 

Letting the legs rest now for the long run after work tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    Hey guys!

Super happy to be back in the game!! I have had to modify things a little.. but at least I am getting in some workouts! I hopped back on the bike for the first time yesterday (kept it indoors, decrease the risk of crashing for the time being) It was surprisingly painful to bend my knee but I was able to get in a strong 45 minutes. Like Jan said, went outdoors for my first run this morning. Still feeling a bit dis-regulated from the concussion but the leg was cooperative so that was good. I am heading to the pool after work today. I will let you all know how it goes. Hope everyone else is having a good training week!

Melissa
  • Options
    Great to hear you are back and training, Melissa!
    My training is going okay. Modifying a bit this week as I am doing Victoria 70.3 this Sunday. It looks like there might be some rain image and the temp only goes up to 60. I will have to use more gels as I will have hard time drinking when it's cold. I hope everyone will have a great week!