Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

13 Weeks Out-How are YOU feeling?

Hey IMWI Gang!  My name is Lauren McDonald and I'll be your IMWI race captain for this season!  I'm psyched because I absolutely love this race and will be up here for my 9th IM-6th in beautiful Madtown.  I plan to start weekly training threads in an effort encourage some team camaraderie and embrace the suck of some of the tougher weeks of training.  We are currently 13 weeks out and I know my focus is getting back in the pool.  I've been focusing the past several weeks on prepping for the 200K Horribly Hilly Hundreds out of Blue Mounds State Park this coming Saturday, June 14th.  Now that I am taking an easy riding week, I plan to hit the pool 3 or 4x to get the arms moving again.  

So get posting on these threads, friends.  I'm excited to hear all about everyone's training and to meet you all at the EN camp at the end of July/early August and hopefully several other times up on the Madison course. 

Comments

• Options
    Stoked...and totally committed to working my ass off! Looking forward to meeting and racing with you all!
  • Options
    This is my 1st Ironman -> Excited, nervous, and so sick of seeing 'count downs' posted all over the place. :-) That said, training is going well - I've had a couple of distracting weeks with local races and such that I really like to do (just got back from Ragnar Wisc) - this is all about fun, right? Training / tapering for Rev3 Wisc Dells right now and I am looking at it as a race and training opportunity for IMWI. Definitely going to camp and I want to try and get another training ride in on the loop before the race.
  • Options
    Mark welcome to the fun!

Mike-all of those local races and Ragnar will serve as good training! We are still at over 12 weeks-I don't plan on getting on the IMWI race specific plan until this coming Monday. The Rev3 Dells race is a big EN focus race-you should meet plenty of ENers out there! I wanted to do that race as well but with Horribly Hilly this weekend I know I'll be out of commission. I'm thinking I may plan a Madison weekend in early/mid July to get back on the course and hopefully some ENers can make it! I'll be sure to post here. image
  • Options
    Hey Team so ready to start building long out of the fast! I'm very excited about racing WI again. I love the venue and the course. I won't be making the training camp this year but I'm open if anyone wants to meet there and ride on other weekends. Let's show Madison what team EN can do this year!