Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Update from your Race Captain

Hey gang, it's two weeks from today that we have our Half!

I have made a reservation for a team lunch at noon on Saturday. The restaurant is called Spag & Co. The team has gone there the last two years and has liked it. Please RSVP HERE.  Deadline is Monday, June 16th.

If anyone is interested in a group swim practice Saturday morning, let me know. I am!

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Leslie,

I will probably swim on Saturday morning. I'm not sure what time as I'm really bad at planning things in advance---and by advance I mean anything more than an hour image

We can arrange a time when we get there.

keith
  • Options
    Hey Leslie! Turby and a look forward to seeing you! Maybe on the swim if it's not too early! Lol
  • Options

Look forward to catching up Carol/Turby!

FYI - I just spoke with Coach Patrick and he recommends a recon short bike and swim on Friday and take Saturday off.   

• Options

Team,

Right now I have 3 folks signed up for the Team luncheon on Saturday.   I hope more of you will join us!  Please let me know no later than Thursday 4:00 PM if you plan to come.  I need to confirm the reservation.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting together for dinner Friday night, let me know. (This is an informal thing.)

Finally, I am planning a recon bike and swim on Friday.  I hope to do the swim sometime between 8-11 AM.  I have a big time spread because I am hoping one or more people will join me and want to keep the time flexible.   Again, please post to the forum if you plan to swim or bike on Friday and would like company.

I have a flag if anyone has family who is there to cheer and might be willing to display it.  I will bring it with me.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!    Save travels....

• Options
    I'll be getting in a swim on Saturday. I'm not sure what time I'll arrive on Friday.
  • Options
    We are not leaving here (NJ) until early Friday a.m. so we won't be able to do anything until Sat. Hopefully a short swim and drive the bike course (or some of it).
  • Options

Hey Guys!!

I would be up for a swim as well, but it will have to be the saturday am for me. I will be arriving later on friday

Feel free to text me if you want some swim company ( : 

613-223-3576

Val 

• Options
    Lets keep the communication on group me. Valerie is on there. I will be setting it up on Thursday evening.
  • Options
    I'm coming in Friday have to check with someone I am meeting about lunch sat. Is there anything going on Sunday night, I'll be there solo by that point, rest of my group is leaving.
  • Options
    It seems that many women in my age group have qualified for the World Championships 70.3 to be held in Mont Tremblant in September and are perhaps racing this Sunday as a "training day". LOL Holy Moly - one of them did Kona in 12 hours! 60+ years old!! Oh - and another woman in my age group (Jacqueline Gareau) WON the Boston Marathon in 1980! That was the year Rosie Ruiz jumped in and got the crown until they realized she cheated! I can't WAIT to meet this woman! Well, the pressure is off and now I can just enjoy the scenery! The weather looks GREAT! Looking forward to seeing you all!
  • Options
    I arrived yesterday evening after a 9 hour journey from the NY metro area. It would have been faster but I hit Montreal at rush hour. Time your drive accordingly! I was bumper to bumper for over an hour. Got to Montreal just past 4:00 pm. The weather is beautiful here!

It looks like there is only going to be about 5 or 6 of us for lunch on Saturday. I was hoping more of the team would want to meet up. Brenda is going to set up a Group Me text for us. Perhaps we can do something impromptu Another time.

Most folks want to swim Saturday morning. Please let the team know when you plan to swim. There is safety in numbers and it would be nice to get a few of us at the beach at the same time. We can use Group Me to coordinate. Or if that fails, send an email here.

I hope to meet up with you all over the weekend. Safe travels...
  • Options
    We r planning on swimming at 7:30 for about 15 mins. Turby needs to take his bike to the mechanics around 8:15. Hope to see some of u!
  • Options
    Team photo Sunday at 6:15 AM by the giant red m.dot near the stage. Hope everyone can make it.