Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

11 Weeks to Go!

11 weeks to left to make it happen team!

I managed to get myself out of bed and to the pool early today.  image  Pool workout went great.  I felt stronger this week and not so much like a flounder.  I'm planning on getting the run done right after work so I can still have some chill time in the evening and get to bed early.  Hope everyone is having a great Monday and are ready to crush the training. 

Comments

• Options
    Work screwed the pooch on swimming today; did the Tuesday run instead; will try to double up pool tomorrow or just do pool/bike Wednesday. I'm itching to get in the water - love gliding through the water! Ya'll on the Intermediate Plan as well?
  • Options
    Hey Mark - Good job getting the run done! I hate it when work gets in the way of good training! image I'm on the advance plan.

After work yesterday jumped on the dreadmill and busted out the run. The 10 min. at marathon pace at 3% incline went much better this week than last week. I sweated out about a gallon of water but its all good. I'm hitting the pool at lunch time today then after work I'm going to tray and get to the track. It was a downpour here so no morning run and the pool is not open on Tuesday morning so no morning work out here.
  • Options
    Good job guys! I'm on the intermediate plan so don't have that Monday run scheduled yet-I think that comes later (if I remember correctly from last year). I got in my swim and run this morning though-3300 yards straight-no sets, just straight, steady swimming. Then 5 miles on the dreadmill as 2x.5 mile at Z4, then 1x1mile at Z4. Haven't run those quick paces in weeks with the HHH preparation so it felt good to get the lungs burning again! Will do the scheduled Wednesday ride tomorrow afternoon and long run Thursday image Keep killin it team!
  • Options
    Awesome job Lauren! Tearin' up the speed work and in the AM no less! Work is almost done for the day so I'm very ready to get some training in.
  • Options
    Great work guys, especially workouts on treadmill with incline - those are killer. The 200m swim sprints were a revelation of effort - whew. Definitely affected my ability to maintain any kind of training pace for the longer sets. I may have had a few things to say, but no one can hear you cursing under water, right?

Of course it's effing hard! It's Ironman!!
  • Options
    I agree Mark the 200s were killer. I only manged to get 3000 ot of the 3700 done. The pool hours on Thursday are not cooperating with my training agenda. I'll be more prepared next week. My arms are like dead weight even without the last 700. whew! And if swearing gets it done then more power to ya! Great job! Changing gears and heading out the door for the run! Giddy up!
  • Options
    Went to run over to the track and it started torrential down pouring outside so outside run was canceled. I did the whole workout on the dreadmill. Warm-up up did both mile repeats. Ran another mile and 1-1/2 after the repeats for 5 miles total. I wanted to 60 min of running in but i couldn't bring myself to run staring out the window anymore. Time was just standing still. I'm skipping out of work early today to bust out the bike followed by the run. It's hump day peeps! Woo Hoo!
  • Options
    Great Job on the workouts guys! Mark and Eric-great job getting those swim sets in. I really need to start actually doing the workouts and not just swimming the distance. I'm sure the workout would seem to go quicker doing sets-I'm just lazy about looking up the workouts before heading to the pool!

Eric-Great job getting that run in on the dreadmill. The weather in Chicago has not been cooperating either! While my weather app on my phone says that it's partly cloudy, a severe thunderstorm just came through. I'm waiting a bit to get the ride in today-hoping I can actually go outside because I refuse to set up my trainer again.
  • Options
    Did the weather hold out for your ride Lauren?

I felt great on the run yesterday. I got 4 miles in (2 at marathon pace and 2 miles at 1/2 marathon pace). The run felt very solid. I wasn't able to fit the bike in last night but I am going to ride either outside or inside after work tonight.

I got out the door at 6:30 this morning and busted out 12 miles. One of my friends ran with me. It is so nice having someone to run with especially on the long runs. My splits were faster than normal (benefits of pushing it with training partner). I was so glad to have that run behind me for the day.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is fairing with the training.
  • Options
    Great job on the run Eric! I unfortunately had to get in my run during the heat of the day yesterday-no one can say I'm not getting in any heat training this year-that's for sure! Ran 12 as well-took me longer than the scheduled time, but wanted to start building up some miles. Felt so much better than last week's long run. Finally feeling better after HHH!

Got in my 25 min run+4 hour bike this morning, as well. Due to my crazy weekend schedules this summer, many of my long rides will be done on Fridays. Happy it is done, but definitely did not have enough recovery after the run last night (only about 12 hours between the workouts!). The run felt great, but I was hurting about halfway into the ride-which I wasn't happy with, but figured because of the long run last night it was expected. Also-did NOT hydrate enough for the heat of this morning. But happy it is done now, hydrating well, and getting ready to bust out my ABP ride in the morning!

How's everyone else doing??
  • Options
    Awesome Lauren! Glad to hear your recovered and crushing it. I'm stepping up the mileage next week as well on the long runs (going to 16 miles)

I'm sure that coming right off that long run was why your legs were hurting. If you continue to get ride long on Friday I would suggest hitting the coaches up. They can and will rearrange your schedule so you can maximize your long run and not hurt your long bike training days.

Work did not allow morning swim today so running and swimming this evening.

Hope everyone has a great evening and awesome training weekend!
  • Options
    Work didn't allow me to get swim in yesterday, and just can't seem to get myself out the door for 4 hours on the bike today - tired of riding in the rain - might get a couple hours in on the trainer this evening and then HTFU tomorrow - though on a positive note, I did weigh in at a svelte 194lbs this morning.

Congrats on getting it done this week folks - gonna find my mojo here soon!!
  • Options
    Hey great job on the weight Mark!

I got my run done on Friday in the hot humidity Whew! Legs were feeling drained.
    Manged to get some of the swim in on Friday too, The pool hours and my work hours aren't quite syncing.

Saturday got the run in at 8am (4 miles) legs were still feeling shelled. I was out on the bike by 11. 1-1/2 went great. I was hitting my watts and nutrition was going good. Hour 1.5 -3 was rough. The heat was getting to me. I was having a hard time maintaining the effort. I need to adjust my nutrition for the extra heat. Last hour of the ride was a race to get back home to get out of the down pour and lightning storm. I was glad to have the ride over.

Today I'm trying to find my MOJO like Mark yesterday to get my ABP ride in.

Hope everyone is crushing it!
  • Options
    ABP ride went so much better than expected!! I finally got out out the door at 5pm. I had been lounging around all day watching breaking bad on Netflix feeling very fatigued. I adjusted my nutrition (I was at three scoops of perform per bottle/ one bottle an hour) to 5 scoops of perform per bottle. What a difference it made. I was able to hit goal watts plus for the entire ride. I ended up riding 4 hours instead of 3. I was able to get 75 miles in over the 4 hours which was better than Saturday's 4-1/2 hour ride for 75 miles. The hardest part of the day was just getting out the door. image
  • Options
    Did St. John's University Red Ride (100 miles) on Saturday. Rough going after Rev3 6 days prior. Constant 25 mph winds, gusts to 35, very humid - torrential rains later, after the ride. About the same amount of ascent as last week, but spread over 100 miles.  Last 20 into a headwind that was gusting higher, more frequently than not plus rain. Drove home and did the run with a strong but not Zone 4 mile enroute. Good training!  Sunday, didn't go the full time but got plenty of exercise in building a fire pit most of the day.
  • Options
    Nice work Steven! 100 miles is a good amount of training image
  • Options
    Great Job Team! Keep crushing it!!!

I got in my ABP ride Saturday morning. Actually hit up a flat course (because all I've been doing the past 2 months were hills!) and it felt SO good to have the watts actually low and speed up higher! But I kept on pushing b.c it was an ABP ride-probably not as much as I should have, but still really enjoyed the ride!
  • Options
    Awesome job Lauren! Your legs sound like they are finally agreeing again. image