Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 IM Racine 70.3 Official Introductory Thread

Welcome to the IM Racine 70.3 Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

Are there any ENers doing Racine this year, due to moving the key race to the Rev3?

I expect a lot fewer EN folks in Racine. 

I built my race schedule around Racine, and added the ITU in Chicago June 29 (already signed up) which I think is too close to the Rev3 in the Dells June 22. 

Do you think I should do a HIM and follow it within a week with an Olympic? Racine is July 20th a nice cushion of 3 weeks after  ITU.

• Options
    That is the truth, I want to get transferred to the South!

I just finished the Nov OS, starting swim camp and then intermediate HIM training plan. I was silly enough to sign up for New Orleans HIM in April, so lots of trainer workouts, not sure I am going to enjoy that. Once we get rid of this snow I'll be riding a lot in your neck of the woods. Usually ride from Bloomingdale up to Cuba road through Barrington and back. Turns into a 50 mile ride, maybe we can meet up sometime.

• Options
    Robin, I am in Grayslake. Do you train with a group up hear? I am doing all my biking at Amphibian Multisport in Lville. Not sure if you have heard of it.
  • Options

Robin & Julie...I live in Wilmette but often ride in the Libertyville & northern IL, southern Wisconsin areas (at least when the snow melts).  Ping me if you ever want to ride some weekend. 

Also, I've raced Racine the past 2 years so I know the course pretty well.  Happy to share what I know.   I'm not racing it this year since it is too close to IMMT in August which I'm doing.  But I will probably come up to Racine to cheer you on!! 

• Options
    So funny. We have probably been riding together. What are your regular times? I am riding tomorrow at 7.
  • Options
    Good afternoon all. Name is Matt Webster and less than 1 year in EN. I live in the Washington DC area.
    This is my first time racing Racine and 14th half iron. I heard the bike course is pretty bad. Does anyone know if it's newly paved hopefully thsi year?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Good morning all. Racine just a couple weeks away. Are we still going to have a few EN'ers racing???
  • Options

Hey Matt

Glad to hear you are doing Racine.  Check out the race captain thread if you are interested in meeting " the team" on Saturday July 19.

Not sure how big the team is. They have been pretty quiet so far.

Wendy