Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

9 Weeks!

2»

Comments

• Options
    That is awesome news Mike!
    I Had to switch traing days around this weekend. I did the ABP ride today and will do the long ride tomorrow. 1st two hours felt great even pushing the new watt levels. Last hour was rough struggled to stay with it but I got it done.

Hope everyone is training hard on this weekend! Keep rocking it out!
  • Options

Looks like everyone has been having a great week.  Took yesterday off and did a Sprint Tri this morning - thought it was a very positive performance considering where I am in training plan, as well as the course dudes forgetting to point out a turn resulting in an extra 1.5 miles on the bike.  Considering the extra mileage, was within 30 secs of my aggressive goal.  My speed is there, now to work on the endurance factor!

Was going to get long ride in after the race, but holy crap it is hot out this afternoon - will look to get it in tomorrow morning.  8 weeks to go!  Whoohoo!

• Options
    Sweet Mark! Great job hitting the goal! I hate it when I go off course. :/ sucks.

Loading up to go out for the long ride.

Have a great day team and as always kick some!
  • Options

Got my 4:35 ride into today due to yesterday's race. My longest ride of the season - managed to get 82.5 miles in…you mean I have to do another 30?  Crap.  Took my first ice bath - note to self - 2 bags doesn't cut it, but may get a minimal effect out of it.  8 weeks from today is the day - getting amped up!!

• Options
    Great job Mark! Ice bath brrrrrr. Necessary evil though.

I finished my long ride yesterday with 82 miles also in 4:15. Whew it was hot! Even with heavy hydration I was down 4lbs at the end of the ride. The ride was awesome I hit the new watt levels+ during the 5 25 min intervals and stayed above Z2 for the end duration.

Great week everyone!
  • Options

Had a long weekend if not a huge amount of training. Saturday saw the "iron kids" event in the morning then the mandatory USAT meeting for OJ in the afternoon. In the evening, the local annual 5K and 10K "midnight madness" was held with the local friends of T staging a "We run for Tim" with about 200 people wearing T-shirts. It was really pretty moving. As you might imagine, there wasn't a real opportunity for me to do any more than about a 2 minute warmup...which is not how I would recommend anyone run a 5K. I ran at 6:32 pace in the end, which is probably a bit faster than my realistic VDOT-based TP right now. However, it was CRAZY HOT...I don't have real data, but it was upper 80s and ~85% humidity, so I was reasonably pleased with even a lousy sounding 5K time (20:15, but course was a little long and official time was 21:0X) Got 15-20 minutes in between that and the 10K, which I used to gulp down a popsicle and as much water as I could take. :-) Sunset hit right around the start of the 10K and it was a lot less miserable weather and I felt a lot more comfortable. I didn't try to really kill the pace though and just ran "comfortably hard" which ended up being 6:50 pace. I was able to finish pretty strongly so I felt good about that. Cadence was incredibly flat at 180 for both races.

Not a traditional long run, but that's what I called it. :-)

Sunday was consumed with OJ's race. Because of the highly emotional fact of that race plus the very short sleep the evening before (late race, early wake up call for OJ's race), I came home and collapsed during the second half of the World Cup and napped in the late afternoon with nary a workout. But I just wasn't in condition to do anything.

Got this week started off as it should be, though, with a swim first thing. Should be a closer-to-normal week.
  • Options
    Wow William! Emotionally and Physically exhausting weekend. Not bad 5k pace for being tired and in the heat no less. I think it was a good call to rest on Sunday.

• Options
    Congrats William on those paces-On next to no sleep, in the heat-that is really stellar. I'd love those paces----one day....image

Eric-WTG on that long ride. You were smokin' out there! But losing 4 lbs....You've got to drink more image Hydration is truly my weakest link. It's so tough to keep up with it on those super hot days. Great job getting it done!

• Options
    After almost 2 weeks off to recover from my crash, I hit the shores of Lake Michigan this morning and swam 2.27 miles in 59 minutes. That was a feel good and a confidence booster to my fitness.

Should have my "new" bike very soon (new frame and rebuilt wheels) - that was a very expensive crash, yikes! Although Felt and Mavic did provide significant discounts - 40% discount on the frame and 55% discount on the wheels. My advice, don't ever crash, haha.
  • Options
    Wow Chris that is an awesome open water swim time! So glad you are recovering well.

Good news on the bike but ouch on the price!

Keep up the good work!