Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IMMT Athlete Guide, Bib Number and Wave Starts

Hi team mates, the athlete guide is finally out, which also means the bib list and the wave start lists are out.

Please retrieve your bib number from the list HEREย  and populate the EN Event Sheet with your number HERE.

Here is the wave start times:

Wave Start info: No, new for 2013 the swim start will be a wave start based on age group.

There will be nine waves with each wave entering the water three minutes apart, starting at 6:36 a.m. All athletes will have at least 17 hours to complete the entire event (subject to intermediate cutoffs). The two hour and twenty minute cutoff for the swim will begin when the final wave has started the swim portion of the event.

Tentative Swim Start Schedule:

Wave Start Time Category Cap Color

1 6:36 Pro Men GREEN FLUO

2 6:39 Pro Women RED

3 6:42 M 18 - 34 WHITE

4 6:45 M 35 - 39 DARK GREEN

5 6:48 M 40 - 44 YELLOW FLUO

6 6:51 M 45 - 49 NAVY

7 6:54 M 50 + POWDER BLUE (Steve Ross)

8 6:57 W 18 - 34 CARDINAL

9 7:00 W 35+ PINK (Brenda Ross)

2 weeks - eeeeekkkkkk!

Comments

• Options
    Hey B
    Are you really competing in Male 45-49 this year?
  • Options

I did like the wave start at the beginning. A smaller number of revved up swimmers meant that spaces opened up within the first 400 meters or so and you weren't getting smacked around as much. Until....

1) You began to encounter the really slow swimmers from the previous wave(s). You can't sight every stroke so collisions were inevitable. Slower swimmers switch to the breast stroke or tread water and you can't predict it. Other swimmers change course to avoid them and you crash into them because you hadn't sighted in a 5-6 or strokes.

2) The faster swimmers from the wave(s) that went off after you begin to overtake the slow and MOPers (like me). You started to get the crap beaten out of you by them for oh, just see #1.

I'm making a little more drama out of it than actually happened but it made the whole one hour and 12 minutes interesting to say the least. So have a great time everybody.... ;-)

• Options

Nice catch there Robert, or am I missing something here lol !

ย 

• Options
    Thanks peeps - changed up my gender. I am back to being a female and leaving the beach at 7am.
  • Options
    Just curious, has anyone heard about whether or not they are planning an AWA swim wave? I thought I saw this at Placid or was it another race? The thought of being in the dead last wave (I know I'm not alone ladies) stinks image.
  • Options

Looks like what I posted was for 2013. Attachment is for 2014.ย  Not sure if that changes it for anyone. Not for me I am afraid. Dead last.

ย