Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Wheel Stickers, how do I bling my rims?

Shhhhh, don't tell Rich.  But I'm the proud owner of a used pair of Zipp 404s.  The PT is going on shortly and I'll be ordering a wheel cover too- so Rich won't be able to punch me in the ovaries when I rack the bike in T1 at IMoo this year. 

However- That ugly Red & Black ZIPP on the rim is jut gonna make my lovely Fiona look goofy.  So I'm trying to figure out if I can; a)remove the stickers without causing any damage, and b) find some new cool stickers that would match Fiona's svelte charcoal and yellow features.

I recall at one point we had "EN" stickers for this sorta thing- but I don't know where those were made and/or of they are still available.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options

Victory Circle. Here they are:

http://www.vcgraphix.com/

• Options
    Cool! Nemo, I have a bike bling fantasy that involves giant red stars for the wheel covers.
  • Options
    Nemo,

Yes you can remove the stickers without damaging the wheel. The glue on stickers is the tough thing to get off but elbow grease, a terry cloth or two and simple green should do. I do not think I would use goof off on carbon wheels BUT it does get glue off well.

You can also design your own stickers...I'm sure the link that Patrick provided would be competitive price and service-wise. I had one of my vehicles WRAPPED in a decal essentially to advertise my office and they made the m-dot logo stickers for me to put on all 4 corners of my vehicle to announce that I work with IM athletes...to those in the know.

Vince
  • Options

I had www.TAIGRAPHX.com  make my Argyle Zipp Decals....

I think one year Zipp Baked on their decals. Otherwise, use a air dryer and heat them up and start peeling....

You can check mine out on Facebook under Bike Build.....

• Options
    Posted By Beth Schwindt on 26 Feb 2010 02:59 PM

Cool! Nemo, I have a bike bling fantasy that involves giant red stars for the wheel covers.

Or a cool cowgirl logo perhaps on the down tube!

• Options

I was going to wait, but I might as well unveil my plan. For my Elvis Ironman debut in CDA next year, Im going to put a wheel cover on the back and paint it to look like a gold Elvis record.

Greg

• Options
    I second www.taigraphx.com . He made some great blue Zipp stickers for my 404s.
  • Options

I used these guys too to make some flag stickers.  Fast, Easy and reasonable AND!! they are from Golden, CO (the old home of Coors.)

• Options
    Thanks for the leads folks! Now I need to come up with a nifty design!