Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

Swim, Bike, Run Recon??

Hi all!!

I think we have all discussed the swim practice is open from 0800-1000 on Sat morning. However, since EN guidance and Rich stated on the webinar to rest on Sat, I didn't want to set a time for everyone so people can relax. I am hoping to be at the swim about 0900 or 0930. If anyone wants to plan to meet, please lets do so.

Also, as for run and bike course recon. I know some people do not arrive until Fri and others are arriving on Thursday. I'm planning to arrive in Louisville Wed, tomorrow evening. I fully intend to do a bike and run course recon. Please let me know who is interested and what day and time works for you. Fri mid morning seems like the best time to accomplish this. Then we can be back at hotels to get gear bags set, relax, and get ready for the dinner.

We also need to try and get a team picture. We could all plan to meet at T1 on Sat afternoon, but again I know things can get hectic and stressful and I don't want to add to the stress.

Also, I come from a military background....if at any time I become to militant, please do NOT hesitate to tell me I promise, I won't take offense to it. I want to be the best Race Captain I can be for you guys and help in any way possible!

My cell is 850-855-3279. Please feel free to text me tomorrow, let me know who you are, as I embark on my 9 hr journey.

Also, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!

Please let me know what you need and where I can assist!!

Keep the Rubber Side Down,

Mandy Midgett

Comments

• Options
       Hey Mandy, I am interested in a bike ride/run on Friday, and I am going to swim on Saturday. We'll be there Thursday. Military doesn't bother me, former Marine myself. Mark
  • Options
       Hey Mandy, I am interested in a bike ride/run on Friday, and I am going to swim on Saturday. We'll be there Thursday. Military doesn't bother me, former Marine myself. Mark
  • Options

All,

The only section of the bike course you may want to recon is the out and back section. Just drive your car to that church at the corner, park there, ride in, out, get back your car and drive the rest of the course. 

^This^ has the fast, but short, downhill to the bridge, then you climbing up and out. Go almost to the next intersection (the road you're on T's), flip it and ride back to your car. Use this as an opportunity to (1) see check out the pavement seam at the bridge. You'll want to hit the bridge in center, last time I was out there there was a pretty aggressive lip(?) on the right side. And (2) wrap your head around the length and grade of these two climbs. 

That's it, there's really no need to ride anything else, fine to drive it. And no need to run any of the course. It's flat, flat, flat. 

• Options

Rich!

Thank you for the chime in!! Greatly appreciated.

Mandy

• Options

Mark!

Sounds great!

We can discuss Thursday evening.

Safe travels!

Mandy

• Options
    Another 13H drive day tomorrow - I doubt if we will make it for dinner - Today's drive ended up being 14+H despite few fuel/pee stops (and heavy foot) - traffic & construction
    WHERE at T1 might we meet on Sat? Wear team jersey? Or??
    My daughter & I will swim probably 930ish Saturday - short get wet swim "feel" the Ohio River (oh yeah I think this will be her 2nd OWS - 1st OWS Tempe Town Lake she placed in her AG - 2000 yds I think it was) - we both have orange design suits that we'll be wearing race day. Driving the course Friday morning - registering & checking in Downtown Marriott.
    Debbie Williams 830 Elisha Wyrsch 410
    520-248-4663