Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Team Dinner

Ok team-since I have no motivation to get to the pool, I thought I'd put out the info on the team dinner. Similar to last year, the EN team dinner will take place in the Founders Room of Hilton Monona Terrace on Thursday, September 4th at 6pm.

Please RSVP for the dinner HEREBe sure to include the anticipated number of persons in your party

AND

Pre-pay for your dinner here, via PayPalThe $33/person all-inclusive menu includes the following:

Salads: Mixed Greens with 2 dressings; Chickpea Salad with Feta and Roasted Garlic

Entrees

1. Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic and Lemon Rosemary
  2.  Pasta Bar-Two Pastas with Arugula Pesto, Fresh Tomato Sauce, and Alfredo Sauce

Vegetables: Vegetable Jambalaya, Grilled Asparagus

Dessert: Assortment of mini desserts

Coffee, Iced Team and Hot Tea included with dinner

I'm really looking forward to this event-I hope everyone can make it! 

Comments

• Options

@Lauren: PayPal payment link has been added. Please edit your post to reflect any admin updates you have, etc, now that I've added the payment link.

@Team: EN has a long and illustrious history a IMWI -- EN Chicas, a squad of EN athletes in mile 18 in pink speedos and much more! I hope you can join us for dinner!

• Options
    Bummer - I'm heading up on Friday
  • Options
    If your plans change, Chris, let us know! We do the team dinner on Thursday because the athlete dinner is Friday-and many first timers enjoy going to that. I'm sure we will do a team meet up another time throughout the weekend! I'll keep you posted-I know Coach R likes to hang out at the Great Dane for billiards IM weekend...
  • Options

Posted By Lauren McDonald on 18 Aug 2014 08:08 PM

If your plans change, Chris, let us know! We do the team dinner on Thursday because the athlete dinner is Friday-and many first timers enjoy going to that. I'm sure we will do a team meet up another time throughout the weekend! I'll keep you posted-I know Coach R likes to hang out at the Great Dane for billiards IM weekend...

Hey Chris,

After the team dinner on Thurs and the 4k talk on Friday, I'm pretty much free to help you get into whatever trouble you're looking for...

...and I'm always looking for Ironman athletes at the Great Dane to teach me how to shoot pool. Seems like a fun game I'd like to try out some time 

• Options
    Lauren,

Is it okay to pay for dinner at the dinner? Not sure if my paypal is up to date - can pay through other means if available.

Mark
  • Options

Posted By Mark Hickman on 18 Aug 2014 08:27 PM

Lauren,

Is it okay to pay for dinner at the dinner? Not sure if my paypal is up to date - can pay through other means if available.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Sorry, but we need payment in advance, as we need to give hard numbers to the hotel about 5 days before the dinner. You should be able to use that link to pay via a CC vs PayPal?

• Options
    @Rich - maybe a few games over many beers Saturday night to cool my pre-race nerves. Proper hydration is over-rated anyway

Is the athlete dinner worth it? I didn't plan on attending. Am I anti-social
  • Options
    All: is Ironman putting on an athlete's dinner for IMWI? At CDA and LP this year they gave the athletes a $25 voucher that could be used at any restaurant in town. Have you heard of anything like that?
  • Options
    Rich, Can you confirm that any of the entrées will be Gluten-Free, being a person w/Celiac I need to be ultra careful about my meals this close to the race.
  • Options

Coach according to the athlete guide there is an athlete dinner.  

• Options

Posted By Mike Brand on 19 Aug 2014 03:16 AM

Rich, Can you confirm that any of the entrées will be Gluten-Free, being a person w/Celiac I need to be ultra careful about my meals this close to the race.

@Lauren -- see above.

• Options
    @ Mike- I will be in contact with the event director and get back to you ASAP.

Chris-I personally like the athlete dinner. Food isn't always the greatest, but it's a fun energy and free meal. Especially if this is your first, I think it's a fun experience to have. Just my .02
  • Options
    @ Lauren - thanks, that's good to know
  • Options
    @Chris- I have done the dinner one year and not another. For my first year I like it, good vibe and I always dig a free meal. Last year I skipped it to try and venture out a bit and see the town (at least on the drive to the place to eat) since I don't much of the time I am there. I was willing to pay for dinner to make that happen. Just my thoughts though.
  • Options
    Dinner Update-the Chicken IS gluten free image
  • Options
    Thanks for organizing this. Unfortunately, I will miss. One of my jobs is to sometimes meet with alumni/donors, and I have to have a breakfast with a big donor on Friday morning. We have to take advantage of these things because chemistry graduates might make more than Art History grads, but there's nowhere near the number of Rich Doods/Dooodettes as in some of the other disciplines.

Anyway, I will see you all the various things starting Friday afternoon and on the course!

Wm
  • Options
    Unfortunately I'm backing out of this. It's doubtful I'll be in Madison in time. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Four Keys talk on Friday.
  • Options
    Bummer Todd-If anything changes let us know. I don't have to give final numbers until next week. Hope you can make it! We will be doing a team swim Friday morning before 4 Keys so hope to see you then!
  • Options
    Hi Lauren,

Sue and I want to join for the dinner. Where should we sign up? We are not racing WI this year.

Mary
  • Options
    Hi Mary-Glad you girls are going to make it! I was hoping you both would image You can pay via the paypal link in my original posting, and put your names on the team information form (also found at the top of this page). Just fill out your names and dinner numbers image
  • Options
    Updated my RSVP and paid! Looking forward to it!