Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

2014 IM Maryland Official Introduction Thread

Welcome to the IM Maryland Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

I am signed up for this one, which will be my second full (IMTX 2014).  Anyone else?  I see on IM.com that there is still nothing posted re the course.  Anyone have any intel?  My understanding is that this used to be Chesapeakeman?  

• Options
    I am signed up! Maryland will be IM #5 for me. Been an EN member since 2010 & what I lack in speed I make up for in execution. Goal for this race is to enjoy the day, I don't have a ton of expectations as I have had a crappy training season. Would love to go sub 12 if possible.
  • Options
    I have signed up as well. This will be my only full this year so I am hoping to have a good showing. My brother in law will also be competing. It will be his first full IM distance race.
  • Options
    I have signed up for the race and excited about competing in my first IM. I completed IM 70.3 New Orleans 2 months ago for my second 70.3. I am new to EN (2 months) and will be looking forward to reading about everyones successes.
  • Options

Signed up for the race too! Very excited as it's my first full IM!

Training in the OS was going well until I had a bad car accident in a 3rd world country, very grateful to be still alive! Now have plates in my arm and recovering from surgery slowly but surely. Have started to run again and I'm allowed to bike on a trainer but still no swim. 

I feel I lost a lot of speed but after so much time completely off, it was to be expected... But I'm super psyched about the race and will give it all I have! 

• Options
    I'm signed up but might not come to race. My cousin is getting married that weekend. Ooops! family faux pas! I've been thinking of having my image made out of cardboard for my sweet husband to carry with him...
  • Options
    Hi guys - got a question for you.

I didn't sleep well last night and my 100 min run went terrible this morning (couldn't hit my target speed and cut it short). I'm tempted to try to do it again tomorrow as Im not allowed to swim yet (because of my broken arm). Or should I forget about it and just do the 40 min uphill run we're supposed to do tomorrow (in the intermediate plan).

Thanks
  • Options
    So glad that IMMaryland was launched this year. I did my first at IMFlorida last year and was having a hard time finding another race that fit into our family calendar. My goals this year are to arrive with more consistent training behind me (so far so good...), and make up for the silly first timer execution mistakes I made in the first round.
  • Options
    My arm is now "waterproof" again and I'm allowed to go in the pool again. Yeah! Still not allowed to swim with it though, have to keep my prothesis. I'm sure it'll be a little bit awkward to swim with only one arm but I least I'll get some time in the water...
  • Options

I regret that I have pulled out of IMMD.  Just too much going on this summer with the kids and too freaking hot in south Texas to train for this.  I had a great race at IMTX (for me), but it really took more out of me than I anticipated.  Just don't "have it" for doing more long rides this summer in the heat and missing kids' games, etc.  Transferred my registration to Austin HIM in late October.  

Hope you all have smooth training, no injuries, and a great race.  

JL

• Options
    Jeff - very sad to read you're not joining us. I hope we'll meet on another course! Enjoy your summer image
  • Options

Hey folks

just completed IMCDA and took the week off with just a little swimming,I will be traveling to New Mexico for work this Monday and be there thru the 20th so just running and swimming(if i can find a pool close by) as my training venue then full on IM raace plan last 10 or so weeks...hopefully i can get some time on a spin bike in the gym as well because my bike in Idaho was sort of embarrassing.

anyway looking forward to racing with all of you ...anyone know what the weather is like in sept out there?

James 

• Options
    Hubby (Turby Wright) and I will be participating in IM Maryland this year! We transferred from IMMT (boo!!) for many reasons, but are excited to be doing Maryland together. I'm excited to try a flat course for a change:-) I just want to enjoy the day and finish in a respectable time. A PR would be really nice too! This will be the 3rd IM for both Turby and I. We love the Eagleman bike course and I believe IM Maryland has a lot of that course. Our friends and fellow ENers Ken Cestari and Pam Allen will also be doing IM Maryland so it should be a great time! Looking forward to seeing all the ENers down there!
  • Options
    Hi Carol,
    Excited to see more ENers doing IMMD! Welcome!
    Can't wait to meet you all and have a fantastic day!
  • Options

Hi Folks,

Looking forward to IMMD after doing my first IM at LP last year and hanging out and training with our good friends and fellow EN'ers Carol and Turby.  I transferred out of IMChat since Maryland is a lot closer to home and much more accessible for a training weekend but will miss the point to point river swim in the Chattanooga River.  Never did Eagaleman or Chesapeakeman so not sure what the Choptank will be like, but it will be nice to have a nice flat run course.  Happy training everyone and hope to see you all during race week.

• Options
    It looks like I am definitely following through on this one. I was going to transfer out due to a wedding at tahtt time but my family forives me and I have created a large cardboard cut out for them to take in my place. see you all in Maryland
  • Options
    Hey guys! I'm a last minute jump on! Looking forward to IMMD. Anyone have any experience on the course? What are the roads like? Any shade on the run? Etc
  • Options
    Hi,

I just finished IMMT and look forward to meeting y'all at IMMD and a flat run course. If I can get a few nutrition issues resolved I would love to manage a 4 hour marathon which would be marvellous for me.
  • Options
    Hi!

So I am REALLY late signing in on this thread! image My girlfriend Julie and I signed up for this a few months back and are very excited.

This is my 5th IM and third with EN (I joined last year). I've been signing up for the really hard ones (CDA, Wisconsin, Louisville) so am kinda super incredibly excited about this actually trying to get a PR on a fast course for once. My First IM was Rev3 Cedarpoint....really fast...and never beat it since. Sounds like the wind is the only real unknown.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Greg