Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

RACE WEEK!

I am SO excited to get up to Madison Thursday! I'd love to keep this forum going race week for updates (for those that opt out of groupme) on workouts, team meet ups, meals, etc.  Oh, workouts too-If you'd like image I paced a friend through the last 3.5 miles of a half marathon this morning, and got emotional seeing her finish because I am so Ironman focused right now. Can't wait for our finish line in 6 short days!  

When is everyone arriving in Madison? I'm Thursday afternoon, staying at the Concourse. I'll check in and get situated when I get into town, and if I have time (not sure exactly what time I'm getting into Madison) I'll check in to get that over with.  Then I'll be heading over to the team dinner at Monona Terrace.

Comments

• Options
    I am in on Thu, staying at the Residence Inn in West Middleton.
  • Options

I am just volunteering this year, and am not able to get to Madison until Friday early evening. A bit of a bummer, but if anyone is hanging out somewhere Friday eve, I am looking to meet up with some of you if possible for some EN pre-race mojo. I am staying with my brother in Stoughton just south of Madison.

I know Saturday is pretty much personal time and stay-off-the-feet day, so I assume no planned social time then. I can feel the excitement and I'm not even racing!  Good luck to all!!  -Ed (MOO 2010)

• Options
    Hey Ed-Welcome! There is a planned get together for Friday night after the athlete dinner-get a beer or 2 at the Great Dane-and then for anyone interested, I was going to throw out that we should do a carb up breakfast on Saturday morning (I'm in Madison solo until Saturday afternoon so anyone who is interested is welcome! I just want pancakes image)
  • Options

Thanks Lauren!   I will definitely hit the Dane pub Friday eve then.  Sat morning I have the volunteer meeting from 8-9 am.  When and where were you planning to do breakfast? 

The Saturday morning farmers market around the Capital Square has soooo many temptations for food, so I plan to get some good ol' Wisconsin cheese curds that I have craved for a long time. 

• Options
    Can't wait to see everyone in Madison! Not raving but I'll be at the team dinner and maybe will join u on Friday. Volunteering in T1 on Sunday and then out on the course as a Team EN cheerleader! Farmers market is fabulous.

@Lauren - I'll be doing some running during the weekend for another go at the Door County Fall 50 (on the heels of IM Mont Tremblant)!
  • Options
    Sue-What weekend is the Fall 50??? I really want to run another 50 miler!
  • Options
    Sue, don't sell yourself short! You're a little bit raving, doing IM's and 50-milers and such! Just kidding, it was a typo, wasn't it? i hadn't heard of the DC 50, I've been looking at Wild Duluth 50K, thinking that might be a stretch a month and a half after an IM. Funny to think that a 50K ultra is the wimpy choice!
  • Options

What time will the team be swimming Friday morning? Is there a good place to park near by?

• Options
    @Mark-8am. You can park at Monona Terrace (it does cost, I think $5) or the streets. There's also another parking garage close by.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I get in town Wednesday night. My plan was to check in Thursday and try to get the bike course recon done as well before the team dinner. I am staying at the Crowne Plaza, a couple of miles from the terrace.
  • Options
    Here is the race week schedule of events for Team EN, in case you do not get the email message I sent to your group today.

P.S. If something is not on this list, it will come up on Group Me the week of the race from Coach Rich. Group Me will be set up tomorrow (Wednesday, September 3). You must be on the EN Event Sheet to be on the group me. Link to that sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At8t0x4dO0EHdGhBVWQydXN3cHNtTHBKUF8tMXVhSUE&usp=drive_web#gid=131

**Thursday**
    9am-5pm – Athlete Check-in and 2015 Registration (Maonona Terrace)
    2pm – Athlete Race Briefing (Monona Terrace)
    6pm – Team Dinner (Founders Room, Monona Terrace )

** Friday**
    8am - Team Swim, Law Park (IMWI Swim Start)
    9am-5pm – Athlete Check-in/ 2015 Registration/Ironkids Fun Run Reg (Maonona Terrace)
    10:30 -12noon 4 Keys Talk (The Overture Center for the Arts)
    2pm – Athlete Race Briefing (Monona Terrace)
    5:30-7:30pm – Welcome Dinner (Monoa Terrace Exhibition Hall)
    8pm – Drinks with Coach – Great Dane

**Saturday**
    7:30-8:30am – Ironkids Fun Run Reg (Martin Luther King Jr Blvd)
    9am – Ironkids Fun Run (Martin Luther King Jr Blvd)
    10am – 3pm – Bike and Gear Bag Check In (Bike Gear Bag Check-In at Monona Terrace Parking Lot Level 4; Swim to Bike Gear Bag Check-In at Ballroom C & D; Bike to Run Gear Bag Check-In at Hall of Ideas Room G & J)

**Sunday – RACE DAY**
    4am-1pm – Shuttle Bus Service (From Alliant Energy Centre to Corner of Fairchild and Main)
    5am – 6:30am – Transition open; Body Marking (Transition area)
    6:20am - Post Race Team Pic (location to be determined)
    7am- Race Starts
    9pm – Post Race Beers with Coach Rich - Cooper's Tavern- 20 W Mifflin St, Madison, WI 53703

**Monday**
    8am – 10am – Post Race Breakfast - Barriques- 127 W Washington Ave
  • Options
    race week! I'm stoked! Spent last weekend dropping off the pets and visiting with family. Finished up work today, should start packing, and then flying out tomorrow. Will spend the night in Tomahawk with friends and drive down Thursday morning where I will be staying with some a friend who is a race captain for the run. So as to avoid going bonkers, I'm down for just about everything on the plan.

Got yesterday's swim in this morning and was nailing 1:28 SCY 100's as part of the 100 race effort, 50 easy sets - scary fast for me - hoping a little bit of that speed carries over to race day - though not looking to go anywhere near that quick.

Should be able to get a quick spin and jog in tonight as tomorrow will be all about getting there!

Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Mark H (think we have two Marks)
  • Options

Seemingly endless training and then: holy crap it's race week! We get into Madison on Thrus. afternoon, staying at the Concourse. Will hook up with all at the team dinner!

• Options
    Was able to get in a 3 mile shake out run yesterday, but between scrambling around packing, prepping stuff for work the days I'll be out, and getting a massage today-I was unable to get on my bike. I know these workouts aren't the end all be all of the race, but I just don't want to go in feeling flat. Will get in another shake out run tomorrow and then my next workout will be a shake out ride in Madison Thursday afternoon!
  • Options
    Hi Team,

Not racing IMOO this year but I'm your local townie. If you need anything while you are here, hit me up 608-335-1331.

Mary
  • Options
    Lauren, it's Oct 26 weekend.
  • Options
    Of course its race week and for unknown reasons, my right knee decides to swell up and become a bit bothersome - go figure. Let's hope this thing clears up by Sunday. I'm officially done with my bike and run training, haha.
  • Options
    It's Wednesday, which means it's definitely time for me to actually focus on what I've got to get done each day, figure out what time I have to be where, etc. In other words, be a little selfish again. On the other hand, working the computers at the swim meet for my kid last night was where I should have been. Major hardware/software issues. Talk about a "race within the box" couple of hours....

Don't worry though... I got the basics down...know I gotta check in on Friday, etc. :-)

See you all out there!
  • Options
    @Chris-I know how you feel. I was walking around this morning feeling some pain in my right heel (where I had a stress fracture at this time last year-I'm all WTF???) But I'm hoping that's just taper talking. I'm going to tell the heel to HTFU on race day if it's still hurting anyway image
  • Options
    @ Laruen -WTF is right! My exact thinking. I'll bike with my left leg and limp on the run if I have too, haha. At least I didn't catch my kids cold, but I'm sure that will happen Saturday evening, haha

Admin day at home tomorrow and heading north Friday. See ya'll then and let's hope there are no more WTF's
  • Options
    Sweeet! Work is almost over and I'm heading to Madison tomorrow morning! EN is going to rock the house!
  • Options
    Blood Drive at the Capitol today if anybody is already in town. Yeah, Coach Rich would have some words for anybody so inclined!image
    Expo is pretty much setup with most vendors on site and gear in place (must've been over $60K of Zipps at one tent!) It's time! Safe travels and looking forward to seeing everybody!
  • Options
    I'm so jealous you're there! I'm working until noon tomorrow then heading up. Probably be there around 3.