Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

30/30's

Since no one cares outside the Nation, I just had to post my disdain for 30/30's.  They SUCK!      I'm in my third week of doing them.  On paper they look like no big deal.  Bad idea to underestimate those SOB's.  Hardest thing I've done since college.  Not looking for sympathy, but man, I had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Clinton, stop being a wuss & embrace the pain dude! :-) Just foolin' with ya!
  • Options

HA! Love it!

The toll they take can sneak up on you too. So stay within the prescribed %. Don't go nuts by riding something like 150%. No-no. Keep the interval rest at 60%. Embrace the burn. image

• Options
    Only another ENer could possibly understand! Tooo funny! I heart 30/30's but then again, I'm weird.
  • Options
    Right on Nemo! I can tear up a set of 30/30s, but FTP intervals kick my butt! I have too much attic space I guess...
  • Options

Add me to the list of people who love the 30/30s. I know that means I need to do more FTP work.

• Options
    @marc - nah, you're just being a wuss too!
    FTP sessions are ace! Just get in the zone and crunch it dude!!!
  • Options
    I have to count the reps out loud in order to complete them!
  • Options
    I do love 30/30s, but find them more tolerable at 1'/1'. But this is week 1 of them for me. Check back in 4 weeks.
  • Options

You guys are all sickos.

• Options
    I just like the 30/30's because when I look at the clock and wish they were over, there is always less than 30 seconds left. Some of those 15' ftp things I start looking a 5 min and realize I have 10 min left. 30/30's are like ripping the bandaid off quickly.
  • Options

I like both better than what I used to do...which was bike long and slow and it never seemed to end and I never seemed to get off the damn bike!

It IS nice to know that whenever you look down, there IS always less than 30 seconds left to go...that is great.  When you are bearing down on those FTP intervals and you feel like you've gotten most of the way through them and then you see you still have 5 freakin' minutes to go...that is dis-heartening.  I guess we can liken that to some 'mental prep' for Ironman when you are deep into the run, zoned out and feeling pretty fatigued, then you look up and see you are only on mile 10!

Tough stuff!

• Options
    FTP's don't bother me as much. I can handle the slow burn. However, that level 11 burn on the 30/30's is insane. Keep truckin'.