Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Custom Helmet Painting?

Hi All,

Just ordered my Lazer Tardiz helmet because of the EN discount (and the fact that Al kind of sold me on its benefits ).  I saw Nemo's thread about blinging out her rims, and was interested if anyone has gotten a custom paint job on their aero helmet before.  If so, anything to think/worry about when doing it?  Any recommendations?  Most importantly....any pics to share?

I have one recommendation from a friend in my local tri group.  If I end up doing it, I'll post pics.

Comments

• Options
    anything with flames or lots of teeth would be kinda cool
  • Options

Im interested too as part of my IronElvis ensemble. Where are you getting yours done?

Greg

• Options

PnI plan to look into EN stickers for aerohelmets, so we can tell you who you are from a distance .

Does anyone know of a good sticker source?

• Options

@ Rich: That would be badass. Now I have reason to buy that aero helmet too as you wont be able to fit my  name on a regular helmet.

GV

• Options
    Posted By Greg Vanichkachorn on 05 Mar 2010 04:54 PM

@ Rich: That would be badass. Now I have reason to buy that aero helmet too as you wont be able to fit my  name on a regular helmet.

GV

Would be cool to work in the EN star, like with a USSR theme, or WWII American plane. The whole flying tigers, sharks mouth thing would be awesome. Bullet holes in the helmet...and stickers to represent missions and kills...and everyone has their own callsigns...and faux bomber jackets made of lycra...

• Options

"Rich to Greg: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go in the water, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

Greg to Rich: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous."

• Options

Rich,  Check these graphis guys out, www.vcgraphix.com/  I have used them for my stuff and Coach P refered to them the other day too in a post.  They are great, reasonable and in Colorado. 

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 05 Mar 2010 05:02 PM

Would be cool to work in the EN star, like with a USSR theme, or WWII American plane. The whole flying tigers, sharks mouth thing would be awesome. Bullet holes in the helmet...and stickers to represent missions and kills...and everyone has their own callsigns...and faux bomber jackets made of lycra...

COOOOOOOOL!  Sign me up!

• Options

This popped up the other day on ST, Pip Taylor's custom wingspan:

• Options

I like your idea Rich!

• Options

Custom Helmets...awesome idea!  Let's just set it up so we can order through EN and give the profit to the group, and then orders can be placed to one shop who can do the work for us.

Not sure if this is doable - but I love the helmet idea!

• Options

I'm having my neighbor next door who is a sign and grafix guy owner work on my new rudy project tt helmet i just got.  If it turns out like i think it will with custom stuff and EN stuff on it I'll let everyone know and see it.   He is the same guy who popped out the X/B1 stickers in a day for me when I went to the Wisconsin camp delio last year.

• Options

I just ordered my Lazer Tardiz, got a white one so it will definitely need some customization.