Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

I'm back....

OK, its offical. I am back. WIthout giving you pages and pages of reasons why I was gone, here the summary.

I stopped doing the OS December 22nd, and I havent been on my bike since then. After the 80+ miles for holiday run challange, teammate Bill and I took up x-country sking so we could race the Birkie Binder (50k ski race).  During vacation in FEB, I walked in flip flops, on cobble stone streets and my left arch fell. VERY PAINFULL. The ski race was last Sunday, and I was massively unprepaired. It was the longest day of my life.

There you have it. I haven't been in the forums either. So I have some catching up todo. I am looking forward to getting my head back into the EN world and connecting with old and NEW peps in the house...

Comments

• Options

Nice to have you back, Josh.

Dave

• Options
    WOOOHOOO!!! So glad to have Noodle back again! New folks- this is one great guy who knows how to have fun and work hard too! It's great to have you back buddy!

PS- Now of course I want to see a race report on the Berkie! I have a non-EN friend who races it almost every year- sounds like a KILLER!

PPS- word of advice- don't kill yourself trying to read everything you missed. Just click that little "Mark All Read" button down at the bottom of the forum page and start fresh. If there was something important you missed- we'll help you find it!

PPPS- So what's on your race calendar?
  • Options
    Yipee! Welcome back, Noodle!!
    I wanna hear all about your skate skiing adventures. You and Bill inspired me to get a pair and try it out this winter.
  • Options

Welcome back! Glad to have you here again!

• Options
    Glad to have you back Josh!

Any chance you feel like a vacation in October ... I need someone to talk to from 6:30 to 7:00 on October 9th :-)
  • Options
    THE Noodle? Cool! Welcome back!
  • Options
    @ Matt... Anything for you bro. Saw that you have gotten sponsored. SWEET!!!! Congrats on the kid!!!

@kitima Ill tell you every thing you want to know, and more. Ill post later in the week.

@nemo thanks for the props. As far as races go, I am a Sherpa for any one who needs me at IMWI, and I am doing the Liberty HIM in June, and an ultra in October with Bill. Other wise, that's about all. Now all i need to do is figure out how to get around this site!!
  • Options

NOOOOODDLLLLLLLLE!!! Glad you are back!

• Options
    Noodle! Welcome Back! We missed your videos!
  • Options

Noodle RULES. For those of you who don't know him, you will soon see!

Hi Josh!!!! All's well now that you're back!

• Options
    Posted By Josh Choate on 04 Mar 2010 02:04 PM

I am a Sherpa for any one who needs me at IMWI, 

I don't suppose we could convince you to be our videographer for the day?  

• Options

Well Alright...Now we can start the party!

Welcome back Josh.

Vince

• Options

Nice to have you back.  I would not worry too much about taking time off the bike to do lots of XC skiing.  That plan seems to work pretty well for Dr Tommy.

• Options
    when do we get video feed of the ski race? Hopefully you had some outlandish costume on (Kilt??) !

Welcome back.

tom
  • Options
    Guys, I hate to disappoint, but i have not video of the race, or crazy costume. Bill and I were going to do a HUGE video documenting everything, but He had a family thing going on and I was too lazy to do any thing... but I promise, I will have something for the next challenge.... or event....
  • Options

Welcome back Noodle! It'll be good to have you back in da haus!

Congrats on Birkie - I've always wanted to do that, but since I've never been on a cross-country ski ...

• Options
    Welcome back! Before anyone gets too worried, I can assure you that he's still pretty darn fit. We've done a lot of skiing and he's been running in his VFFs in prep for our 50K October Granolafest! Hopefully the foot thing will slow him down enough that he has to race to beat me at Liberty.
  • Options
    Noodle! Great to have you back in the haus bro. Way to go on the Birkie!
  • Options

Welcome Back!
  • Options

Josh, welcome back!

To get caught up:

• Nemo is crushing the coaches with post counts, though we can easily fix that behind the scenes.
    • ChrisG finally went under 18'...or 22', I forget, for a 5k.
    • GregVan is being stalked by MT paparrazzi
    • Gina has a new dog and my dogs have a crush on her.
    • We have nearly 20 women racing IMWI and they are making me wear some obscene pink swimsuit nightmare.
    • Halligan shaved his legs and has asked us to call him Nancy

Did I miss anything?

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 05 Mar 2010 05:06 PM

Did I miss anything?

Only that we all agree the EN 4.0 Smilies are lame and although we have been promised the EN 3.0 Smilies will return at some point, they haven't shown up yet [Insert 3.0 smiley tapping his foot impatiently here].  So we are all doing our part to provide passive aggressive reminders whenever the opportunity arises [insert 3.0 smiley stirring the pot here].   (see, lame)

• Options
    Wow... those are big things.

-"Halligan shaved his legs and has asked us to call him Nancy "
    Are they PICS? and what happened to the person who first called him that? Do you have pics of that too?

-"they are making me wear some obscene pink swimsuit nightmare"
    As long as its not a banana hammock, I think you'll be ok

-"Nemo is crushing the coaches with post counts, though we can easily fix that behind the scenes."
    you should replace the post count number with the infinity symbol
  • Options
    Posted By Josh Choate on 06 Mar 2010 05:02 PM

-"they are making me wear some obscene pink swimsuit nightmare"

As long as its not a banana hammock, I think you'll be ok

See now- the best part is... it's a PINK banana hammock!
  • Options

Welcome back and how is the foot now.

• Options
    great to have you back brother...i feel the mojo-meter rising already!
  • Options
    @steven.. Its getting better.. but another problem has come to my attention. Sports hernia.. I'll know more about it tomorrow... If i have the sugary, ill see if I can video tape it.. make a cool HOW TO FIX YOUR SELF wiki page... It might be usefull.... get a fork, knife, spoon, Vadka, and a shoe lace.
  • Options

Josh,

a friend of mine used to sell hernia mesh.  Let me know what you hear tomorrow, and I can find out the inside scoop from a different perspective.  Good luck!

Mike